Made Me Worry | Levi x (Borrower) Reader

Prompt: Levi goes on an expedition and has to leave Y/n with Hange

"And she was... living in the walls?' Hange asked slowly as she held a tape measure to you.

"Yes." Levi huffed, annoyed that she hadn't listened to him well enough to know that he already explained this.

"And you want me to...?"

"Watch after her while i'm away." he explained again with a sigh. "I can't take her with me and I don't know how long we'll be gone. Plus if I don't come back...' he paused a moment, "I want to make sure she's take care of in my absence.' He finished quickly, avoiding the topic of death as quickly as possible.

"Ok. Um.... so what do I have to do?" Levi's scowl was ever present, after all he had explained this once before and hated repeating himself.

"Give her food and shit. Make sure the room is warm even when you aren't here. Keep her company and make sure no one finds out about her." Hange nodded, looking back to you with a glimmer in her eye. You glanced to Levi, a little worried about being left with her, but he just nodded slightly to you and continued to talk with Hange.

A few more minutes passed by before Levi set his hand gently on the table, beckoning you to step on while signaling it was time to go. You obliged, stepping on and holding onto his raised thumb for stability while he set you in the crook of his elbow on his opposit arm. From there he bid Hange goodbye and covered you with his cloak while opening the door. The walk back to his room is one you had done many times, you two often went to the canteen late at night when neither of you could sleep. You sat on his forearm and leaned against his bicep while his coat hung over his shoulders and shielded you to onlookers. The slight swaying of the jacket wasn't enough to let you be seen, but you still gripped it just incase. Few people were passed on your way back, much to your favor, and quickly you were back in the safety of Levi and yours room. Here you didn't have to worry about being seen, people rarely coming to the door and knocking if they do. He set you in the desk, laying his jacket on the back of the matching chair before flopping in it.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? She looks at me like... i'm a present to be opened and played with." You spoke softly, not meaning to insult his friend.

"She won't hurt you." he dismissed, leaning his head back in exhaustion.

"But why do I have to be babysat? I lived on my own before I met you. And frankly I think it might be safer y'know? That way I won't become and experiment and-" He heaved his head up quickly, leaving forward and reaching eye level with you.

"No. You're not fending for yourself. Hange isn't here to babysit you either. She's going to be supplying you with things I normally do. So just think of it as a different deliverer for a while. Plus if I die out there I want you to have someone to rely on for things. I-I don't want you to struggle.' He breathed slowly, as if the worlds clogged his throat. "And as for the experiment part the brat wouldn't dare. So, trust me on this okay? If everything goes as planned i'll only be gone for a few days." A few solemn moments passed as he silently pleaded with you to give in.

"I don't want to be a burden you have to constantly worry about." You blurted.

"You could never be." He insisted without hesitation.

"Ok. I'll let Hange babysit me." you spit out, crossing your arms in a pout.

"Thank you." Levi sighed and leaned back in the chair, pleased by your cooperation.

"But when you get back I want honey. You never let me have any.' You demanded.

He huffed a slight laugh.

"Okay. Honey it is."

• • •

Levi's thumb and forefinger held your hand as he knelt on the ground beside the coffee table in Hange's room, a frown on his face.

"I should be back in 4 days, okay? There's nothing to worry about." You nodded, sniffling a little.

"There better not be. I'll kill you if you get hurt by the way. I've learned how to wield a needle so be warned!" His lip ever so slightly twitched in amusement.

"Yeah yeah, whatever brat."

• • •

Days passed with no word. 1. 2. 3. 4. Every day Hange did as she was told, bringing items like food and water and such as well as things to do. By day three you were ready for Levi back, though you wouldn't tell her that. She did keep her promise and didn't experiment on you. Instead she asked questions in her free time, which you answered truthfully and as extensively and she wanted. When day five rolled around you had bitten you nails down to their beds and were fighting to keep yourself from pacing. When the sun finally set on the fifth day, you begged Hange to do something, to send someone out. But she refused, saying that there was nothing either of you could do. That night you went to be in tears, the possibility losing your friend weighing so heavily that it was only overcome by exhaustion.

"No chores in the morning. All scouts are to report either to the infirmary or their rooms." A voice boomed at the end of the hall as you shot up. Hange was already awake as you climbed out of your temporary bed and rushed to the edge of the coffee table.

"Are they back? Is Levi here? Where is he?" You rushed the questions out as Hange ignored you, opening the door slightly making you duck behind a stack of books. "Hange?!" She left without a word, slipping through the door and leaving you in the room alone, only a candle to keep you company.

You waited anxiously, pacing and biting your nails even further, if that were possible. You had nearly decided to climb down and go after her when the door opened.

"Hange where is L-"

Levi barged in, swinging the door behind him almost closed as he dropped what he was carrying and crashed to his knees before you.

"I'm sorry it took so long. It wasn't suppose to be but we lost a lot of horses and men and we couldn't travel that fast especially with the wounded soldiers and-"

You cut him off but throwing yourself into his cheek and hugging him as tightly as possible.

"Are you hurt?" You whispered against him.

"No." He whispered back.

"Good." You hugged him for another few moments as Hange slipped in the door. You reached up and grabbed some skin of his eyebrow. "You bastard! You had me so worried!" You scolded. Pulling slightly and glaring at him.

His eyes softened slightly, a sight much easier to see so closely. The streaks of grey so intricate and deep conveyed everything and nothing at the same time. His eyelids lowered slightly, admitting defeat as they hid his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He cooed slightly.

"It's fine." You released him, instead moving your hand down to his cheekbone. "I really am glad you're okay though. I missed you." His eyes flickered back up.

"I missed you too." He breathed. "Let's go to bed, yeah? I'm exhausted." You hummed in agreement.

That night you slept beside Levi on his pillow, relishing in his presence and finally catching up on some much needed rest.

a/n: *slams open door* OH SISTERS IM BACK FROM WAR

i miss you <3