Chapter-10

They didn't stop there. They just chatted.

Since they were in the same carriage, they would have talked a lot. I wondered how they could have so much to talk about.

Sarah, who was staring at Cecily and Philen with an angry look, took the strawberries from somewhere and gave them to me.

"Don't lose, go and feed the strawberries to the master!"

"Enough. It's just unsightly to do that."

"But, but... I'm so angry!" Sarah shouted, stamping her feet. "Master is too much! I can't believe they're showing off like that when My Lady is watching!"

"I don't think of Philen very much." I replied casually, mindlessly fiddling with the leaves. "He's just eating because that woman feeds him."

"Urgh, urgh." Sarah clenched her fist in frustration and pounded her chest.

I envy you. I might be angry like that. I want to, but I can't.

Philen and Cecily's love affair continued until we arrived in the capital.

I tried not to see them as much as I could, but they kept standing out to the point that my efforts were overshadowed. I wondered if they were deliberately appearing in front of me.

When we arrived at the Duke's residence in the capital through their love affair and long carriage trip, both my body and heart were exhausted.

"It's harder than I thought."

As soon as I grabbed the escort knight's hand and got off the carriage, his eyes turned to the voice in his ear.

Philen was getting off the carriage, supporting the exhausted Cecily. To be precise, the support was almost hugging. It was safe to say it like this.

The owners of the capital mansion, who had never seen Cecily before, looked at Cecily, Philen, and me alternately in surprise.

The gaze was burdensome and I wanted to rest, so I hurriedly entered the mansion.

"I'll guide you to your room, My Lady."

The quick-witted butler instructed the maid to guide me to my room.

It was a sunny room with a large window. I liked it now, but if it rained, it would be a more frightening place to me than any other place, so I shook my head.

"I want to go to another room. Is there a room without windows?"

"Yes? A room without windows?" The maid asked back in surprise.

Just by looking at the reaction, I could tell there was none.

Obviously. Most of the rooms used by nobles had large windows so that the sun could be well lit. I couldn't ask for a maid's room, so I came up with an appropriate compromise.

"Then, please guide me to a room with a small window."

At my end, the maid thought about it for a while and then guided me to the room at the end of the west corridor.

There was also a window here, but the window was smaller than the previous room.

"Is this okay, My Lady?"

"Yeah."

My room was decided here.

Watching the servants diligently move my luggage and the maids organize, I could feel someone's presence behind me.

"...Leila?"

It was Philen. Cecily was next to him.

"Le... no, Lady Thebesa. Why are you here?" Philen, conscious of other people's eyes, asked in honorifics.