Chapter-122

I tried not to pay any more attention to the affairs of the Duke of Williot, but I couldn't help but hear the news even if I stood still.

This was due to the spread of what Cecily did in the social world.

It wasn't enough for the fallen princess to pretend to be pregnant and stay at the Duke of Williot, but she could even kick me out, who was his fiancée. And the facts that she killed the duke's chief maid to cover up the truth and tried to poison me were spread all over.

People were talking about Cecily's wickedness and laughing at Philen's stupidity, who had been subjected to such a woman. They also sympathized with me. And so, everyone I met asked me if I was okay.

It was hard to be asked such a question, and it was also hard to answer every single one of them that I was okay.

"I think I have to wear a sign saying, 'I'm okay'."

Baron Delrond, who heard my grumbling, replied with a small smile.

"That's a good idea. I will help you out."

"How are you going to help me?"

"'Baron Aster is okay, so don't talk to her.' I think we should put up a sign saying that."

"What is that?"

I was depressed by the unwanted sympathy, but I felt much better thanks to Baron Delrond.

With a lighter feeling, I then checked the document. It was a document about the childcare project.

Upon my return, I took over all the work on the childcare project from Baron Delrond.

Thankfully, because of Baron Delrond's hard work, the childcare project was nearing completion, but several problems remained.

One of them was the backlash from the temple side.

The temple continued to send protests, saying that they could never yield the childcare project to the Imperial family, and the number had already surpassed double digits within a week.

In the letter of protest, they said they were worried the damage would go to the children if the inexperienced Imperial family didn't manage it properly, but it was no different than them playing innocent.

It was just an ugly struggle not to lose the Empire's aid and the enormous donations from the nobles.

That's why I ignored whatever they said until now, but I couldn't anymore. Because the Holy See sent a letter of protest directly.

The golden Holy See design stamped on the bottom of the document was dazzling.

There were countless temples on the continent, but the Holy Kingdom had only one Holy See.

The Holy Kingdom was also a huge Holy See. Because the King who ruled the Holy Kingdom was the Pope.

The Holy See remained as neutral as possible and hardly moved. So I hoped they wouldn't come forward on this issue, but this wish didn't come true.

I can't believe it came all the way from the Holy See. Well, the Holy See couldn't have stayed still when the temple side kept making noises.

With a deep sigh, I read the entire letter of protest from the Holy See, without missing a single period.

It was more polite than the protests sent by the temple so far, but the intention was the same.

Taking care of poor children was the mission God had given to them, His servants. And they said the Imperial family had challenged God's authority and blasphemy by invading that.