Chapter-43

The chilly, subdued cold voice ate up the noisy people's voices all at once.

When Philen appeared, Sarah and other servants shut their mouths at once and stepped aside.

Philen crossed the crowd, approaching me.

"Congratulations, Lady."

Philen's eyes bent.

"You managed to pass it by all means. I never thought you'd pass the test as the top."

It was a smiling face, but the eyes looking at me were terribly cold.

He's in a very bad mood.

Well, he couldn't have felt good because he was doing something he didn't like and even lost the bet.

Since I was greeted with congratulations, I thought I should answer, so I bowed my head lightly.

"It's all thanks to the Duke's support."

"Support, huh?"

Philen smiled a little and folded his arms. His head tilted to one side.

"So, what are you going to do next? Are you planning to become an official?"

I hadn't decided yet, but I nodded, thinking about Philen's intentions.

"Yes. I decided to do that."

The smile faded from Philen's face at my answer.

In the place where the false smile disappeared, the chilly, cold air swept around.

"Did you make that decision without my permission?"

"Do I have to get permission from the Duke to become an official?"

"Did you forget that you're my fiancée?"

It was funny that Philen said the same thing I said to the Emperor.

Did the emperor feel this way when he saw me saying it? It's a little embarrassing.

"I will ask you the other way around. When the Duke does something, do you ever ask or get permission from me?"

Philen let out a small sigh and tilted his head.

"Why do I have to get permission from the Lady?"

"Because I'm the Duke's fiancée."

Just as I realized after listening to Kalian, I wanted Philen to realize it too but seeing his hardened face, unfortunately, it seemed that he failed.

"The Lady seems to have forgotten that I am the duke."

This time, you're making excuses with your status, huh?

"When the previous Duke Williot did something, you must have known that he had always asked the Duchess for her permission."

As I calmly retorted, Philen's face distorted.

"Are you protesting right now?"

"Protest?"

"Aren't you protesting to me because you're upset that I didn't take care of you and only took care of Cecily?"

"I don't know why you think so, but no. Why would I protest for something like that?"

"Do you think I'll believe that?"

I wasn't surprised, as I had already expected that Philen wouldn't believe me.

It's just tiresome and annoying to have to keep arguing with him like this.