Chapter-19

Philen Williot's fiancée.

She was cherished by the former Duke and Duchess of Williot like their own daughter as if she was a treasure.

All of them were referring to Leila Thebesa.

Kalian didn't believe it when he first found out about it. When he confirmed that all of that was true, he got curious.

It was purely out of curiosity about a woman named Leila Thebesa. He was very curious to see how a young girl could do a job that even an adult couldn't do. If possible, he wanted to meet and have a serious conversation.

However, as he went to war, Kalian's curiosity for Leila was folded and stuck in a corner.

It wasn't long ago that his curiosity re-emerged when he met her and dealt with a rude person.

Kalian snuck out of the Imperial Palace to find something he was looking for and wandered the streets. He happened to witness the scene.

He didn't know who she was at first, but he recognized her when he saw the Duke of Williot's crest engraved on the fan she was holding.

That woman was Leila Thebesa.

The curiosity that had been put aside rekindled, and he got interested. His interest grew more as he talked with her, and it turned into greed.

There was no such thing as greed for the opposite sex. It was his greed as an emperor to have someone as capable as her by his side.

Leila was too good to be around a fool like Philen Williot. Very much. He wanted to let Leila swim freely in the bigger water.

"Your Majesty."

Kalian woke up from his thoughts at Ver's calling and looked at him with blurry eyes.

"It's time for you to go to the banquet hall."

"Is Duke Williot still alone?"

"If you're asking if his fiancée, Miss Leila Thebesa, is here... Yes. Miss Leila Thebesa isn't here yet."

"Really?"

There's no way she'd be absent on such an important day. Maybe something happened on the way here.

He was worried. He was seriously thinking about whether he should look into it, but Ver spoke up again.

"Your Majesty, you must go to the banquet hall now."

"Delay it."

"Yes?"

Delay it? What kind of bullsh*t is that?

Mumbling inwardly the words he couldn't bring to say, Ver looked at Kalian.

Whether or not he knew Ver's mind, Kalian leaned deep into the backrest and continued.

"The person I'm waiting for hasn't come yet, so let's wait a little while before going."

I changed into an ivory-colored dress that was similar to the silver dress and hurriedly headed to the banquet hall.

However, it was much later than expected. It was already time for the banquet to begin.

Coming later than the emperor was a great disrespect. There was nothing to say if the Emperor deplored this.

In that case, I'd have to deal with it on my own so that it didn't damage Philen.

I made up my mind and entered the banquet hall.

The banquet hall is usually closed when the banquet begins, but strangely, it was still open.

Don't tell me, the banquet hasn't begun yet?