Chapter-47

One declared a breakup, and the other was clingy and still didn't accept it?

"...interesting."

Kalian's eyes bent languidly.

Philen Williot had very high self-esteem, as expected of the son of a duke.

Even on the battlefield, there were a few times when he was in trouble because he couldn't hurt his pride.

Yet, it now looked like he's just clingy to a Count Lady.

He couldn't help but laugh.

"Shall we find out more about it?"

Kalian thought for a moment and then shook his head.

"No, that's enough."

Seeing Leila didn't say anything to him, it seemed like she wanted this to be buried, and it didn't seem like he wanted to dig more into it intentionally.

So Kalian pretended not to know anything and was going to bury it.

Until Leila told him about it with her mouth first.

We unpacked our luggage from the inn and headed to the market to buy groceries and other daily necessities.

It was well maintained, but there were more things to buy than I thought, probably because people hadn't lived there for a long time.

After wandering around for a while, my wallet became thin.

Now, I really don't have much money left.

Instead of hiring a new maid, it seemed like I had to save until I got my paycheck.

I think I only bought what I needed, where did I spend so much money?

As I pondered, I remembered a fine handkerchief and thread I bought at the embroidery store.

Those two prices accounted for more than half of what I spent today.

Is it too much?

No. It's a gift for the emperor, I can't buy the cheap ones.

And compared to what I've received from him so far, this much is nothing.

Even if I was thrifty about other things, it was right not to be thrifty about it.

If I was in a pinch, I could sell the jewelry I brought.

Even if I sold just one, the half-year living cost was not worth worrying about.

That's why, just in case of an emergency, I had to save the jewelry as much as possible.

"What are you thinking about, My Lady?"

"Nothing. We have bought everything now, right?"

Sarah nodded, pointing to the box containing the items.

"Yes. I think we can buy other things whenever we need them."

"Okay. Then let's bring it together."

When I asked the employee to deliver, he said I had to pay two shillings for delivery.

With that money, I could buy bread for a few days, so I decided to save it.

It wasn't something that two women couldn't carry, too.

"Yes? Instead of asking for delivery, do you want to bring it yourself?"

"We have to save money."

"Ah."

Sarah turned red and bowed her head.

"I, I apologize, My Lady. I shouldn't have..."

"It's okay."