Chapter-66

"But I can only give you 30 minutes. I can't give you more than that because I also have a schedule. As you can see, I was on my way to the Imperial Palace."

"Okay. That's enough."

Philen smiled and held out his hand.

"Then shall we go in?"

Go in? Where?

"Are you thinking of going into my house?"

"Then? Wouldn't it be better to talk in there?"

"No."

Who wants to let him into my house? I never even thought of that.

"Let's talk here."

Philen's brows furrowed.

"Do you want to talk on the street?"

"I am comfortable with that."

If we talked on the street, I could ask for help from those around me in case of an emergency.

And Philen wouldn't be able to step forward recklessly because there were people around here.

"If you don't want to, I'll get going."

When I turned around with the real intention of going, Philen hurriedly grabbed my arm.

"You've become very impatient since I saw you last."

That's because I don't want to talk face to face with you.

Philen said after hesitating for a moment.

"...come to think of it, I think I've been too indifferent to you all this time. I'm sorry."

Should I be glad that you realized it now?

"I'm truly reflecting on it. That's why I'm saying this... can't you come back to the estate?"

Seeing him come to me like this and say that even though he reproofed me like that yesterday, it seemed that he really wanted me to come back to the estate.

But what should I do, Philen?

"I'm sorry, Duke."

I've already stopped caring about it completely.

"As I said at the party yesterday, I have no intention of going back to Williot estate."

The dream of becoming the Duchess of Williot was put down when I left the Williot estate.

It would be a lie if I said that there's no regret left, but the desire to not go back was bigger than that.

I didn't want to be ignored by him anymore, and I didn't want to live while having to read his thoughts.

At my answer, Philen's face instantly turned red.

"I bend like this, and you build your pride until the very end, huh?"

I never build my pride though.

"What on earth should I do to make you come back? Tell me what you want. I'll listen."

"You don't have to do anything."

I replied calmly.

"No matter what you do, I have no intention of going back. So, please, fold your heart, Duke."

Arguing with him like this was physically and mentally exhausting. I wanted to stop.

"Please."

Once again, I sincerely hoped that I wouldn't be involved with him in this matter again.