Chapter-151

"Your Majesty?"

Why is Kalian here?

I looked back at Kalian, slightly surprised. Kalian also looked surprised.

"What are you doing here at this late hour?"

"I have something to do, so I came here. What about you, Your Majesty? Why are you here..."

"I also have something to do."

Kalian shut his mouth after saying those words. I didn't talk either, and so there was a subtle silence between us.

"Baron Aster."

It was Adrina who broke the silence.

Adrina, who was coming out of the door, was startled when she saw Kalian.

"Your Majesty, what brings you here..."

"I just stopped by here on my way. I see you're wearing a priest uniform."

"Ah."

Adrina exclaimed briefly and looked at me. She was asking me for permission if she could tell Kalian.

It didn't really matter, but I opened my mouth because I thought it would be better for me to be the one who told him instead of Adrina.

"I asked Director Adrina to hold a memorial service for Misa."

"Misa... Are you referring to the former chief maid of the Duke of Williot?"

He remembers that?

It was a little surprising.

"You're right."

"I see."

"Everyone is waiting, so shall we go in?"

Adrina carefully intervened in the conversation while looking at us.

I couldn't leave first without the Emperor's permission, so I waited for his answer.

Kalian thought for a moment and then asked me.

"Can I participate in the memorial service?"

"It would be an honor, but would that be okay?"

It's already 10 p.m. Isn't it too late?

"It's okay."

Kalian came inside, lightly climbing over the fence that reached his waist.

Even though the gate was a little far from here, I still couldn't believe he climbed over the fence.

"Next time, please come through the gate."

Kalian chuckled.

"Are you nagging?"

"I'm not nagging. I'm telling you the rule, Your Majesty."

"Alright."

Kalian, who shrugged his shoulders lightly, said with a solemn face.

"Then, shall we go in?"

*****

A hastily made memorial tablet and two candles to light it. The box containing Misa's keepsake was placed in front of it.

Compared to the memorial service held at the temple, it was infinitely small, but the heart it contained was more than that.

Adrina and the others sincerely prayed for Misa. Kalian also participated in the memorial service seriously and solemnly.

The Emperor participated in the memorial service of an ordinary maid? It's truly a great honor.

I watched Misa's memorial service with slightly blurred eyes, hoping that Misa's injustice would be alleviated a little.