Chapter-135

Aster Orphanage?

I was bewildered.

Is this why he hid it from me?

I stared blankly at the sign and then looked at Kalian. He was smiling contentedly alone in the midst of everyone's bewilderment.

What on earth is he thinking?

I couldn't fathom his intentions, but one thing was for sure. It had to be stopped.

The sign was not hung yet, so I should stop it now.

"Your..."

"Your Majesty."

When I was about to speak, Duke Giltian opened his mouth first.

"May I ask why you named the first orphanage operated under Imperial patronage after Baron Aster's surname?"

The noblemen, who had been buzzing, shut their mouths all at once and looked at Kalian. The crowd outside the main gate was still chattering, but inside the main gate was a deadly silence.

I also looked at Kalian and waited for his answer.

"You're asking for an answer that's too obvious."

While everyone was nervous, Kalian answered with a bright smile.

"It's because Baron Aster's contribution to the success of this childcare project was the biggest."

Kalian tilted his head slightly, glancing at the nobles, who were still displeased.

"Originally, wasn't it based on the surname of the person who made the most contributions? Am I wrong?"

"..."

"Count Kevin, am I wrong?"

"Yes, yes?"

Count Kevin, who was pointed out of the blue, hesitated before answering.

"O, of course, Your Majesty is right. However, since it is the first childcare institution, I think it would be more appropriate to name this place after the Imperial family's surname or the Empire's name."

Contrary to his initial bewilderment, Count Kevin calmly expressed his opinion.

"He is right. I think Baron Aster's surname can be used when the next childcare institution is established."

"Although Baron Aster contributed a lot to this childcare project, isn't it because of His Majesty's help? That's why..."

"No."

Kalian said, cutting his words.

"This childcare project is purely Baron Aster's work. It was Baron Aster who first came up with this, and it was also Baron Aster who revealed the temple's dirty secrets and brought the childcare project up to this point."

Kalian looked at me. His dark blue eyes twinkled slightly. It was as if telling me not to worry about anything.

"That's why it is right to name it after Baron Aster's surname."

At the repeated words, the nobles shut their mouths like honey-eating mute.

"Everyone looks bad. Why is it?"

Kalian's gaze, who glanced over all the nobles once again, stopped at Duke Giltian.

"Duke Giltian, will you explain on behalf of the nobles?"

Duke Giltian thought for a moment, then answered with a smile on his wrinkled lips.

"You don't have to worry about it too much. Everyone is just surprised by something they didn't even think of."