Chapter-17

Why does it have to be that way?

It was a little absurd, but it sounded fun, so I said the first name that came to mind.

"Are you Lord Balon?"

"No."

"Then Lord Illizai? If not, Lord Logan?"

I tried to name a few sons around my age whose ranks were greater than the Count. But they're all wrong.

What on earth is this man's name?

There was a feeling that I had to find it out.

"Please give me a hint."

"The hint is my hair."

Hair?

I looked at the man's hair.

Blue hair, shining brightly under the sunlight, gently fluttered in the wind.

When I just looked at his hair and barely got the hang of it, the man curled up his lips.

"You are very smart but ignorant on the other side."

"Are you making fun of me?"

"No way."

The man rested his chin. He thought for a moment, then flicked his finger.

"Let's do this. Find out my name until the banquet."

"It looks like you're attending the banquet."

"Of course."

Then, it was right that he was a noble whose rank was greater than the Count. Since nobles whose ranks below the Baron couldn't attend the Emperor's coronation party.

More than that, when I thought about attending the banquet, my mood that had improved so much went down again.

A sigh came out.

"Don't you want to attend the banquet?" Asked the man, who noticed my mind like a ghost.

He already caught me. Even if I denied it, nothing changed. So, I nodded softly.

"Yes."

"May I ask why?"

If I attend the banquet, I'm sure other nobles will whisper to each other when they see me and Philen.

Words that I couldn't say rolled around in my mouth.

I sighed and looked at the ground.

Unless Philen was brainless, he wouldn't attend the banquet with a handkerchief embroidered by Cecily. But that didn't mean he was going to attend with my embroidered handkerchief. I had no intention of giving it to him.

Seeing he was a nobleman who made his first social debut without a handkerchief, it was a perfect topic for nobles who like to gossip.

My mind darkened at the thought of being cut mercilessly by them. And aware of that, the thought of forcing a smile in front of them made me disillusioned and bit my lip.

"The Lady has all the bad habits."

The man's cold fingertips touched my lips.

I was startled and pulled myself back.

With an awkward look, the man raised his hand. "I'm sorry. I was afraid you'd blight your lips. I surprised you, My Lady.".

"Ah, no."

I was surprised, but if I said yes, the man would be embarrassed, so I shook my head.

"I was just surprised because I was thinking about something else. There is no need for the Lord to apologize."