Chapter-127

According to the report, Cecily fell down a high cliff with a rough torrent below it.

Furthermore, it was said that on that day, it rained cats and dogs that it was impossible to see an inch ahead, and the water in the river increased significantly.

As a result, Cecily's body, which fell down the cliff, had not yet been found. But the soldiers chasing the escaped Cecily witnessed her fall down the cliff.

Cecily, who fell from such a place, was then presumed to be dead because of the slim chance of surviving.

That woman is dead.

I felt dejected.

I wanted her to work hard in the mine and suffer for the rest of her life, so it was hard to believe she ran away to death that easily. It was absurd, but at the same time, I wondered if that woman was really dead. After all, she was a woman who fooled everyone without blinking an eye.

As she was so skillful at trickery enough to easily kicked me out from the Duke of Williot, I couldn't believe she died that easily.

They said they would keep searching until they found her body, so let's wait and see. Whether she is really dead or not.

While I was thinking about this and that, the carriage stopped. It arrived at its destination, the temple.

Let's put aside Cecily's matter for a moment and settle this first.

As I was taking a deep breath, reflecting on the plans I had made in advance in my head, the carriage door opened.

"Welcome, Baron Aster."

I thought it was Hans, but it turned out to be Baron Delrond.

"Now, here."

I took Baron Delrond's hand and got off the carriage.

"Did you wait long?"

"No. I also just arrived."

"That's a relief."

We passed through the marble archway while chatting.

Because it was the weekend, the temple was crowded with people. A long line of people waiting to enter the temple stretched to the front door.

All those waiting were commoners. The nobles could enter right away without waiting.

"What should we do? Should we wait?"

"No. They'll find out once we write our names on the visitor log anyway, so let's just go in."

"Then the temple will recognize us at once."

"But there's nothing we can do."

As long as we wrote the visitor log, we couldn't hide the fact that we were nobles even if we wanted to hide it. And so, we strode forward through the long queue.

The priest, who was guarding the entrance, held out a quill and politely asked us to write our names on the log.

Baron Delrond took the quill and wrote his full name and mine.

"...!"

When the priest saw the names that Baron Delrond had written down, he looked at us in bewilderment. Then the other priest hurried into the temple.

"Could the two of you please sit here and wait for a moment?"

The junior priest, who was surprised to see us, smiled awkwardly and offered a seat.

"Soon a priest will appear to guide you two."

"We aren't going to wait long, are we?"

When Baron Delrond asked sternly, the junior priest shook his hands.