Chapter-82

I left the dumbfounded Aldor and headed to the dining room in the main building.

Apparently, there's no one in the dining room except for an empty table.

Looks like everyone hasn't arrived yet.

In case I was late, I hurried my steps, so it was a relief.

Having spare time, I leisurely looked around the dining room.

The dining room was as big and grand as the mansion.

The sunlight coming through the stained glass that occupied one entire wall shattered into various colors.

There were expensive sculptures everywhere, and even the paintings on the walls all looked expensive.

There were a lot of paintings in the annex too, so it seemed that Marquis Hutton liked paintings.

As I was looking around the paintings closely, the door swung open.

"Oh, there's already a guest here."

It was Marquis Hutton. Beside him, there was Marquis Valdir, and other nobles were seen behind them.

Everyone came together, so am I the only one who came alone?

Aldor said he would escort me, so maybe they counted me out on purpose.

"Lady Thebesa."

Marquis Valdir called me in a displeased tone. He looked angry.

Knowing why Marquis Valdir looked like that, I answered immediately.

"I loved the dress you gave me as a gift. However, I accidentally spilled my tea and couldn't come here wearing the dress. I'm sorry, Marquis."

Marquis Valdir's eyebrow slanted.

"A... mistake?"

I nodded calmly.

"Yes. A mistake."

"Lady!"

"Why are you angry, Marquis Valdir?"

Marquis Hutton stopped Marquis Valdir with a friendly smile.

"The envoy from the Natsha Kingdom will be coming soon, so we must not harden the atmosphere."

"Come on, don't frown and hurry up to sit down."

Marquis Hutton took Marquis Valdir and headed to the higher seat.

Next to him, other nobles sat side by side.

After everyone was seated except for me, the only remaining seat was the farthest one.

At other times, I would have sat there without saying a word, but not now.

I passed by the people who were sitting and stood in front of the nobleman sitting right next to Marquis Valdir.

So his name is...

"Viscount Malven. I think this is my seat, could you please move out?"

"Ha?"

Viscount Malven looked up at me as if it was ridiculous.

"Why does the Lady think this is her seat? You're not going to say it's because you're a count's daughter, are you?"

I heard someone laughing next to me.

It was obvious ridicule, but it didn't shake my heart or my mind.

I said, looking straight at Viscount Malven.

"No way. The Viscount is higher than me simply by our rank."