Chapter-20

"...do you think this dress is the one I originally prepared?"

"Then, it's not?

Haha. I see.

He completely forgot that I had prepared a silver dress that was paired with the silver suit he was wearing.

I knew that Philen was originally insensitive to this, but it was still disappointing.

As I remained silent, Philen tilted his head.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"You look unhappy. What do you mean nothing?"

Philen frowned slightly.

"What's wrong with you? Did I say something wrong?"

"It's really nothing."

Philen opened his mouth as if he wanted to keep questioning, but the waltz ended in good timing.

I ran away from him and ran out of the hall.

Philen tried to come after me, but he was caught by Duke Cloud, so he couldn't do it.

Thanks to this, I was able to ease my emotions by myself, so I headed to the terrace.

I was going to stay quiet on the terrace away from the noisy people.

"Lady Thebesa, right?"

But I couldn't because a lady had been pretending to know me.

It wasn't polite to ignore someone who spoke kindly. It's polite to respond appropriately, so I put on a smiling mask on my expressionless face and looked at the other person.

As it was the first time I appeared in the social world, I was a stranger to most of them. But this woman knew.

"Countess Marissa."

"Oh my goodness, I don't think I've introduced myself, but you know who I am."

"Is there a noble in the Empire who doesn't know Countess Marissa?"

It wasn't empty words, it was the truth. That's how famous she was. Whether it's good or bad.

I had never appeared in the social world before, so that's all I could say as far as I knew.

Countess Marissa shrugged her shoulders lightly as if it felt good to know.

"For Lady Thebesa, this banquet is your debut stage in the social world, right?

"Yes. For some reason, my debut was delayed."

"It's a long war, so there's nothing you can do about it."

"What kind of stories are you talking about so interestingly?"

"You're Lady Thebesa, right? It's my first time seeing you. I..."

While I was having a useless conversation with Countess Marissa, I was surrounded by numerous ladies and young children.

It was the first time I was surrounded by so many people, so I was a little surprised, but I pretended not to be at all and greeted them with a smiling mask

"It's your first time in the social world, yet you're so good."

A lady admired me and praised me. The other lady nodded her head.

"As expected for the next Duchess."

"When are you getting married? The Duke is back, so you'll do it soon, right?"

As expected, there's a talk about marriage. I knew this would happen, so I was trying to run away. But the sweet champagne suddenly felt bitter. I forced a smile and nodded my head.