Chapter-93

Startled, I turned toward the source of the scream. I couldn't see anything because of the cloth though.

"It's all my fault! So please stop!"

Aldor's desperate screams did not stop. The judging hadn't even started yet, so why was he like that?

"Lord Aldor Hutton, do you admit that it is all your fault?"

Priest Clima asked solemnly.

"Yes! I admit it! I, I did it! I was drunk, and I lied because I didn't know how to fix it!"

Aldor's confession continued.

Someone then released the cloth that was covering my eyes. And then I saw Aldor sitting on the floor, crying like a child.

The chair he was sitting on was wet as if water had spilled on it.

His pants too.

Aldor couldn't stand properly. He crawled on his knees and came to me.

"I'm ashamed of myself. I'm so sorry, Sir Thebesa!"

What on earth... happened?

Is Aldor's sacred trial over in the meantime?

That can't be. Didn't Priest Clima say that we would receive it together?

I couldn't figure out what on earth was going on, so I just stared at Aldor blankly.

Aldor begged me with dirty tears and a runny nose.

"Please forgive me just once!"

I didn't know what happened, but I was sure it ended in a good way for me.

"Do you admit that I'm innocent?"

I asked him again to confirm.

Then Aldor nodded his head bigly and answered loudly.

"Yes, YES!"

Ha. Why did he deny like that when he can admit this easily?

Even though it was ridiculous, I was glad that he confessed now. Of course, I didn't think Aldor sincerely repented of his fault and apologized. It was evident that he was plainly terrified, pretended to repent his fault, and apologized to me.

Even so, I have nothing to say.

I couldn't tell him to not act like that when he didn't sincerely repent for his fault. But the important thing was that Aldor admitted his fault and apologized to me. In front of so many people.

"Could you please call Sir Hiltine and Marquis Hutton?"

I called them in to be more certain.

As soon as the tightly closed door opened, Marquis Hutton sprang in. After him, Sir Hiltine followed.

Marquis Hutton frowned to see Aldor sitting on the floor and weeping. On the other hand, when he saw me standing normally, his face crumpled even more.

"My son is like that, so how come Lady Thebesa is fine?"

Marquis Hutton fiercely asked Priest Clima.

"Don't tell me, my son was the only one who underwent the sacred trial?"

"That's impossible."

Despite the fierce gaze, Priest Clima replied with a smile.

"The sacred trial hasn't even started yet."

As I expected. The sacred trial hadn't begun.

I just thought maybe I wasn't feeling it because I was dull, but it turned out it wasn't. Then why was Aldor doing that?