Chapter-54

On the way back to the mansion by carriage.

I recalled what Kalian said.

That he was completely ignored.

The reason I didn't consider Kalian's playful remarks was because I knew about his birth.

That he was an illegitimate child like me.

"...aren't we the same then?"

My biological mother was a maid, not a noble, but Kalian's biological mother was the daughter of a Viscount.

He was only called an illegitimate child because the Lady was neither an empress nor an empress (concubine).

Empress Solia, who had no children at the time, took Kalian and raised him like her own son.

That's why I thought he would have been treated fairly well, but from what he said, it seemed he wasn't.

The fact that he was completely ignored by the attendants...

"Look over there. She must have been scolded by the Countess again."

"Oh my, does she want to live like that? If it were me, I would just die."

Let's stop thinking about it. It reminds me of the past I don't even want to remember.

I closed my eyes and tried not to think, but the more I tried, the clearer it came to mind.

"Hey hey, we made eye contact. Let's go before the Count's daughter becomes territorial."

"Okay, okay. Let's go before we interact with her, hihi."

It was over 10 years ago, but I still remembered it clearly when I closed my eyes.

The hellish moments I experienced when I lived in the Count of Thebesa.

Count Thebesa, who was obsessed with women, touched all the maids who worked in the mansion. My mother was one of them.

My mother became pregnant with me because of a one-night relationship.

If Countess Thebesa had known this earlier, I would have disappeared before seeing the light of the world.

At that time, the Countess was at her parents' home on the pretext of recuperation. Thanks to it, my mother was able to give birth to me safely.

The Count of Thebesa considered daughter as something valuable from generation to generation.

A daughter was good to use as a tool for combining with other families, and Count Thebesa took me for that purpose.

Of course, Countess Thebesa didn't like it, but she had no choice but to accept what the Count wanted.

That was the beginning of hell.

Until the moment when I was chosen as the fiancée of the Duke of Williot.

Thinking that Kalian might have gone through the same thing as me, I felt pity and had a sense of kinship.

I couldn't believe I had a sense of kinship with the Emperor. It was an absurd feeling.

If Kalian knew what I was thinking, I was sure he would laugh at me.

"Huu."

I let out a sigh and turned my head to see the box Kalian had given me.

I opened the box and took out a document inside.

It was a document about child care law.

I had already researched this part before, so I already knew most of it.