Chapter-140

"It's still early."

Yeah, it's because of this.

It really didn't matter if Leila was dating, but now was not the right time. Because it's only less than a year ago that Leila officially broke up with Philen.

Was that all? The rumor about her being Kalian's mistress had not yet disappeared completely. And not so long ago, there was even talk of people wishing her to become the empress.

If Leila was dating now, people would definitely look at her in a bad light.

There was no other reason. It was for Leila.

"So, you should hold on a little longer."

"Yes?"

Leila, who came to report to Kalian in the morning, looked at him in bewilderment.

Hmm, did I say that too out of the blue? But it seemed too meddlesome if I said, 'don't date.'

Then how should I say it?

When Kalian was pondering, Leila asked cautiously.

"Did I do something wrong?"

What is she saying?

"Why do you think so?"

"Your Majesty's expression doesn't look good."

My expression doesn't look good?

Kalian checked his face in the mirror on the desk.

In the mirror, there was a handsome face that he had always seen. It didn't look bad at all.

"It's nothing. I'm just worried about you."

"Worried about me?"

"Yeah. You..."

I heard that you're dating.

He wanted to say so, but no words came out.

In his life, he rarely said something while considering people's feelings, but he kept considering Leila's feelings over and over again now. It was all because he knew her painful past. He had also seen her cry desperately several times.

He was afraid to say anything because he didn't want her to get hurt again for nothing. That's why he was careful, as he didn't want her to cry like that again.

But I have to tell her. Because it's for her.

"There's something I want to say about dating."

"Dating?"

Leila tilted her head.

"Who is dating? Ah, don't tell me..."

Leila's eyes twinkled.

"Your Majesty, are you dating?"

Why is the arrow coming back to me? No, more than that, why does she like it so much?

Kalian frowned.

"It's not me who's dating, it's you."

"Yes?"

Leila said, perplexed.

"I'm dating?"

"You're not?"

"No."

Leila shook her head and murmured.

"Where on earth did such a story come from..."

"It's a fool's imagination."

He didn't even bother to say that the fool was Ver.

"So you don't have to worry about it."