Chapter-18

"Really?"

At that one word, Ver's face, which had been pale, glowed with joy.

"Are you really going to hire an aide, Your Majesty?"

"Yeah. About one."

"...if you're serious about hiring one, let's hire three more people."

When Ver made a suggestion, Kalian smiled faintly.

"Should I cancel this?"

"No! No way! Yuhuu, I can't believe you're going to hire one! Ahahaha! I am very happy!"

It was a pity that only one person was hired, but Ver accepted it quickly because he was in such a pitiful situation.

"Then I'll get the letter of recommendation from the nobles right away..."

"Let's give a test, not a letter of recommendation."

"Are you saying you want to give the official government test?"

When Kalian nodded, Ver's heart filled with false hope.

Although the official government test did exist in the Empire, it was rarely practiced.

Most of the officials were recommended by nobles. It was composed of graduates who graduated from the academy with excellence.

He didn't know what kind of wind suddenly blew for him to give the official government test. It annoyed him because it meant that he had to prepare a lot to give the official government test.

"When should I do it?"

He asked because he had to. Ver was willing to take the hassle because if Kalian changed his mind, it would be a big deal.

Kalian immediately replied as if he already had something planned in his head.

"Do it in a month."

"It may be a little tight, but... All right. Should they only do administration for the subject?"

"No. Let's do administration, tax law, politics, welfare, etc."

Ver's hand, which was writing down Kalian's words, stopped. Ver looked at Kalian with a bewildered look.

"Your Majesty, do you really want to hire an aide?"

"Yes."

"But you want to include it all?"

"If they want to be my aide, that should be enough."

...I shouldn't have asked.

Ver gave up and wrote down his words.

The dream of a new aide coming in was slowly fading away.

"I understand. Then I will prepare it as it is and announce it as soon as the banquet is over."

"One more thing."

What else are you going to add here!

Ver looked at Kalian in dismay, but Kalian continued with a casual look.

"Make sure to include the phrase 'Women can apply, too.'"

After that incident, not a single word was spoken between me and Philen.

In the past, we used to have a simple conversation when we ran into each other, but now we didn't even have one.

Time passed and it was the day of the Emperor's coronation celebration party.

The celebration party was held for two days, in which I participated only on the first day. Because the party the next day was only available to men.

I woke up earlier than usual to get ready for the party. I took a bath with hot water and then got a massage. They applied scented oil all over my body, and I smelled like sweet roses because of that.