Chapter-81

Inside the box was a beautiful blue dress.

Seeing the dress, Eria put her hands together and her eyes twinkled like a girl.

"Oh my, what a beautiful dress."

"Right?"

Obviously, the dress was beautiful, but the intention of sending this was not beautiful at all.

Because it was an implicit warning not to think about acting as an aide.

I didn't expect Marquis Valdir would come out like this.

I looked at the dress in annoyance.

"Don't just look at it, try it on, My Lady."

Eria, who didn't know anything, said with an excited face.

Not wanting to spoil her mood, I nodded, indicating that I would do as she wanted.

Eria quickly picked up the dress.

The hem of the dress, which was sprinkled with finely ground pearl powder, dispersed elegantly.

"Oh? There's a note in the box."

Eria took out the note that was hidden in the dress and held it to me.

The small note had a short sentence written on it.

[Wear it to dinner tonight.]

He's trying to force me to accept what he wanted even if I didn't want to.

It was uselessly thorough. I clenched the note.

I scoffed and wanted to ignore these words, but he was a marquis and the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

My temporary position as the emperor's agent was valid only when dealing with other countries.

For now, as a count's daughter and an aide, it wasn't something I could easily ignore.

Then what should I do? Should I obey him as he told me to?

I hated that.

As I pondered over what to do, I looked at Eria with a sudden thought that crossed my mind.

"Eria, I want to drink tea. Can you bring me tea?"

"Yes, My Lady."

Eria put the dress down on the table and asked me.

"What kind of tea would you like me to bring?"

"The one with deep color."

"Yes?"

Eria asked me back in confusion.

"That, not a deep-tasting tea (tea with a strong taste), but a deep-colored tea...?"

"Yeah. I hope it was a very deep tea."

At the repeated words, Eria blinked her eyes with a confused face.

Yeah, it must be ridiculous. I'm sure no one has ever made such a request.

Usually, when we asked for tea, we would ask for the scent and taste, and never ask for the color.

Even though I knew that, I pretended not to know and asked.

"You can't?"

"Ah, no. I'll bring it."

Eria hurriedly left.

You don't have to go hurriedly like that.

I followed Eria's footsteps and looked at the dress on the table.