Chapter-73

"My Lady! Did something happen?!"

As soon as I got home, Sarah grabbed me and asked.

"I just... met someone I knew for a while."

I said roughly because I couldn't tell her that I met His Majesty and went to the black market with him.

The quick-witted Sarah noticed that I didn't want to talk about it and didn't ask anymore.

"I'm glad you came back safely."

Sarah was truly relieved and wiped her chest.

"I was very worried if something might have happened to you, My Lady."

I hurriedly changed the subject before Sarah asked about what had happened.

"How did you get home? Did Sir Hiltine take you home?"

Kalian said Sir Hiltine would take her home, but I asked just in case.

"I guess the name of the man with silver hair is Hiltine."

Sarah's cheeks turned slightly red.

I held back the laughter that was about to burst and poked Sarah's arm.

"You're in love with him, huh?"

"I'm in love with him?!"

Sarah shook her hand.

"Ho, how dare a maid like me..."

"What's wrong with you?"

"Yes?"

"...no. Let's go in."

I really wanted to tell her what I thought, but I couldn't.

I was afraid that Sarah would needlessly mind it.

I was afraid that she would have vain dreams like my mother.

...and I was afraid she'd die miserably.

I consciously raised the corners of my mouth and patted Sarah's head.

About 5 days from the capital to Hutton.

And it took at least a week to negotiate with Natsha Kingdom and settle incidental matters there.

In other words, once I left the capital, I couldn't return for almost a month.

"So it's okay for you to go back to your hometown for a while."

Leaving Sarah alone at home for a month bothered me, so when I said that, Sarah's face brightened.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Go and buy some delicious food for your siblings and your mother."

I gave her 10 gold generously.

It was quite a lot of money in my current circumstances, but for Sarah, who gave up her stable job because of me and left her hometown and family, I could bear this much.

It was also payday soon.

Come to think of it, my payday was after I left for Hutton. I wondered if I could come back on my next payday.

And I didn't think I would get my paycheck at the Imperial Palace, but still, I was curious about how the paycheck would be paid.

I'll have to ask Baron Delrond later.

With that in mind, I packed my things.

Sarah helped me while packing her luggage as well.

I usually wore a neat and practical dress, but as it was a schedule on behalf of His Majesty, I dressed neatly in uniform. And my long hair was also neatly tied high by Sarah.