Chapter-148

"What?"

Kalian was visibly bewildered and asked Ver.

Ver smiled and repeated himself.

"I asked if I could confess to Baron Aster."

Kalian was silent for a moment, then said, sweeping his face.

"...don't be joking."

"I may be a lousy person, but I'm not lousy enough to make a joke out of this."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

Ver erased the smile from his face instantly and said seriously.

"I intend to sincerely confess to Baron Aster."

When he said that, it's not like he was joking.

I didn't expect Ver to have feelings for Leila.

"Ha."

He couldn't help but laugh at the unexpected fact. Kalian lowered his head slightly and touched his forehead.

Ver was 25 this year, and it was past the age of marriage.

He was in a situation where he couldn't get married, but not Ver. That's why he was thinking of pushing him as hard as he could if there was a girl he liked, but he didn't expect that girl to be Leila.

"You can't if it's Leila."

Ver tilted his head at his firm words.

"Why not?"

"She broke her engagement less than a year ago. The wound she received from that time hasn't healed yet."

"That's why I want to take care of her even more. It's not right to leave the wound alone."

Kalian's eyebrow went up.

"Sometimes it can be good medicine to leave it alone."

"That's Your Majesty's opinion."

Ha, look at this. He keeps talking back, huh?

It wasn't a day or two for Ver to do this, but he felt particularly unpleasant today.

Kalian got up from his seat, crossed his arms, and looked down at Ver.

Ver, who was shorter than Kalian, raised his head and looked at him. And so, the two had a snowball fight for a long time.

"Oh, my neck."

It was Ver who turned his gaze first. His neck hurt as he kept his head up stiffly, so Ver groaned and rubbed his neck.

Only then did Kalian smile contentedly and tap Ver's shoulder.

"Stop your useless thoughts there, and just focus on your work."

Kalian walked past Ver towards the door.

Ver looked at Kalian's back and said.

"The reason I have been hiding my feelings all this time is because I thought Your Majesty had feelings for Baron Aster."

His hand that was going to grab the door handle stopped. Kalian turned his head and looked at Ver.

With a serious face without a hint of a smile, Ver continued.

"But since Your Majesty clearly said he doesn't, I will not hide it anymore."

*****

Am I being too nosy?

Is that why he is so angry?

It was when I met Kalian again that I was convinced about that.

While I was trying to concentrate on my work, Kalian suddenly came to the office. He sat on the sofa and looked at me without saying anything.