Chapter-89

Is that true?

I had my doubts, but it was worth a try.

"Very well."

"Then, shall we toast?"

I wondered if we should do that, but I bumped my glass because I thought it would be better to make it clear.

As soon as I drank it, I could immediately feel the bitter taste of alcohol. Still, the fruity scent was strong enough for me to drink it.

I wanted to drink it quickly and send Aldor away, but it was against the etiquette, so I had no choice but to drink it little by little.

"Oh, by the way, I heard an interesting rumor about the Lady."

As the champagne was almost finished, Aldor suddenly brought up an unpleasant story.

I replied before he could tell exactly what the rumor was.

"No."

Aldor then chuckled.

"I haven't said anything yet."

"You're talking about the rumor of me being the Emperor's mistress, right?"

"Oh my, you're quick to sense."

Wasn't it stupid to not know when everyone was talking about it?

"But, is it really not?"

"It's really not."

"Hmm, I see."

Aldor looked at me with curious eyes. I ignored him and concentrated on drinking the champagne.

At last, the champagne was finished. I showed Aldor the empty champagne glass.

"I drank it all."

Therefore, it was a tacit expression of intention for him to go away.

As if he wasn't that slow-witted at all, Aldor looked disappointed and quietly retreated.

I was finally alone. I sighed heavily and leaned against the wall.

I already drank a whole glass of champagne, but I was still thirsty.

"Here."

I handed the servant the empty glass, took a new one, and drank it all at once.

There's no one around me, so there's no need to be polite.

After drinking two or three more glasses, the drunkenness that had subsided while dancing rose again.

I felt a little shaky and my head felt dizzy. My body became hot and I felt tipsy.

Am I so weak in drinking?

I had never drunk this much alcohol before until now, so I never knew.

Now that I knew how much I could drink, I had to be careful next time.

More than that, I wanted to go back to my room and rest, but was that okay? The party wasn't over yet, but there's nothing more to do.

Let's go back.

It's better to do that than to hold on and then get drunk and make a fool of myself.

If I went straight out the front door, people would notice me, so I sneaked out through the back door. It was good because this way was close to the annex too.

When I came out, the slightly muggy wind blew with a salty smell.

In the distance, I could see the sparkling sea with stars.