Chapter-105

It was an Imperial order. What else could I say?

"...I understand."

I had no choice but to accept his words even if I didn't want to.

"How long should I rest?"

"Well."

Kalian thought for a moment and said,

"A week."

I thought it was a day or two at most, but a week?

"It's too long."

"It's not long."

Kalian replied flatly.

"When you return from a long journey, you can take a week or two weeks off like a regular delegation, so I hope you would do that as well."

That was a fact I knew too. However, I had no intention of resting. Without me, it's obvious that Kalian and Baron Delrond would suffer. How could I rest?

I also wanted to finish the childcare project with my own hands. So I was going to ask him to cut it down a bit, but before I could, I heard knocks.

"Your Majesty, it's time for the morning audience."

"Time for that already?"

Kalian clicked his tongue as he checked the time with the pocket watch he had in his pocket.

He seemed to be going now. As I was about to stand up to see him off, Kalian waved his hand.

"No need to see me off. Just finish your meal."

"But..."

Kalian raised an eyebrow.

"You keep repeating the same thing to me, huh?"

"..."

I put down my butt I had lifted back, and then Kalian's eyebrow returned to its original position.

"I'll come back later. Make sure to eat your meal."

"Yes."

"You have answered, so you have to keep it."

After Kalian left, I picked up the spoon to finish the soup.

I was thinking of going to eat well and get back to work soon. Also, I shouldn't cause any inconvenience for a week or so.

...but, will I be able to return to work in a week?

With that sudden thought, I put the spoon down again as I couldn't lift it.

If I were to give birth to Philen's child as he demanded... I didn't think I would be able to be an aide anymore. And even if I didn't comply with Philen's demand, I still wouldn't be able to keep being an aide if I couldn't prove my innocence.

How do I prove my innocence then?

Seeing Philen being so furious like that, I guessed he had accurate evidence that I ordered Misa.

I wondered what the evidence was, but I had no way to know it. Because asking Philen wasn't going to get me anything.

I would naturally find it out if I was caught by the guards and went to court, but by then, it was too late to prove my innocence.

No matter how much I cried for my innocence, I would be branded as a sinner because of the false evidence that Philen had.

If that happened, not only would I be unable to work as an aide, but it would also make Kalian, who trusted me, lose face.