Chapter-63

"Today's banquet is for those who led the war to victory."

As if struck by lightning, my mind, which was digging into the cruel past, came back at the solemn voice.

I finally came to my senses and took a deep breath.

I could feel someone's gaze. When I looked to the side, Baron Delrond was looking at me worriedly.

He asked if I was okay with the shape of his mouth.

I tried my best to smile and replied that I was okay, then I clenched my cold sweaty hands.

Pull yourself together, Leila.

You can't ruin what you have to do just because of the past you don't want to remember.

I took a deep breath and braced myself.

"Duke Williot, Count Asdar, Sandra..."

In the meantime, after finishing his speech, Kalian called out the names of the main characters who led the war to victory.

Those who were called came out to the front of the stairs with their glasses.

Because of that, I was able to see Philen more closely and gritted my teeth in a different meaning than when I saw Andante.

On the other hand, Philen didn't give me a single glance as if he was not interested in me.

I was deeply relieved by the fact, but also anxious at the same time.

It felt like seeing a dormant volcano just before it burst.

After calling all the names of the main characters, Kalian raised the glass handed by Rahel.

"To comfort the others who were unfortunately killed at the war, cheers."

"Cheers!"

All the nobles, including the main characters, emptied the glass they were holding.

The banquet began by emptying the glass.

As before, Kalian came down from the higher seat and danced with Duchess Cloud first.

The aide had nothing to do until halfway through the banquet. So all we could do was to enjoy the party.

...will I be able to enjoy it?

I peeked at Andante's side.

Andante was not there.

I looked around the banquet hall to see if he had gone somewhere else, but I still couldn't find him.