Chapter-87

Why is he like that all of a sudden?

I was curious, but his expression was so serious that I couldn't talk to him.

Marquis Hutton looked around silently several times before looking at me, stroking his chin.

"Sir, do you perhaps have an escort knight with you?"

"Yes? Escort knight?"

Escort knight out of the blue?

I was wondering, but I answered him truthfully first.

"No. I don't have an escort knight with me."

"Really? Then, did I feel it wrong?"

I don't think so.

Marquis Hutton mumbled to himself and talked to me again with a friendly smile.

"By the way, how old is Sir this year?"

"I'm 24 years old."

"You're still young. It's a waste of time to keep sitting still after failing once."

He was talking about the break-up with Philen.

I felt like he was a little nosy, but it was something anyone could say.

Because it's very rare for a 24-year-old noble lady to live alone without getting married.

"If you don't mind, can I introduce you to a suitable partner, Sir?"

...this is definitely nosy.

"I'll just accept your goodwill."

I didn't intend to continue living alone, but I also didn't intend to get married right away.

"If you have nothing more to say, can I take my leave? I have an appointment later."

"Oh my. I've kept a busy person for too long. Go ahead."

"Thank you, Marquis. Then, I'll get going."

After bowing my head to Marquis Hutton, I hurried to my room so I wouldn't be late for my appointment with Diane.

*****

Marquis Hutton smacked his lips as he watched Leila getting farther and farther away.

"It's a pity, such a pity."

It would be great if a child like that came into the family.

Other nobles thought it was bad to have a woman, who was too smart, enter the family, but Marquis Hutton was different.

The family was peaceful only when a smart woman came in.

Especially if you had to leave your family a lot because you had to go to sea like him.

Of course, there's nothing more he could have hoped for if his sons played that role, but unfortunately, that had already failed.

His first son was chosen by God early and became a priest, and his second son, Aldor, was a troublemaker every time.

He wasn't a man who was talented enough to rule Hutton, the port city Marquis Hutton had been carefully working on for a long time.

Since there's no one else to inherit the title other than Aldor, he would one day become the Marquis of Hutton and rule Hutton.

That's why Aldor's wife had to be a smart one like Leila.

There's a rumor about Leila being the emperor's mistress, but after a few conversations, he knew it for sure.