Chapter-129

The ring I was wearing had paralyzing poison inside.

Like the fan, it was a self-defense item that I made to protect myself.

It was good at bringing down the priest, who was chasing us, but another problem arose.

The priests who realized that I was missing went looking for me. To make matters worse, the paralyzed priest was found in the meantime.

"She must not run away!"

"Find her!"

I hid with the child in the secret room the child told me about and listened to the situation outside.

I could hear the priests moving busily.

How long has it been? It's quiet outside.

I peered through the crack in the door. Perhaps they were all gone, I saw no one outside.

I can run away now.

"Let's go."

When I held my hand out, the child gently took my hand, unlike before. His eyes, looking straight at me, didn't shake at all.

He seems to trust me now. It's a relief.

I took the child and left the secret room.

As I checked, the hallway was quiet. And a little further away was the Open Hall.

I need to meet Baron Delrond. After that, we must leave the temple immediately.

It wasn't easy, but it had to be done.

It was when I took a few careful steps toward the Open Hall.

"...!"

Someone popped out from behind the corner.

Waving short red hair.

It was Priest Adrina.

I was surprised to see her, but she was also surprised to see me and stopped.

Priest Adrina stared blankly at me, then looked down at the child holding my hand tightly.

Her dark reddish-brown eyes shook.

I was ready to use the paralyzing ring at any time. Even if it didn't kill her, I didn't want to use it as much as possible as it was poison, but I had no choice.

Priest Adrina, who stared at the child for a while, closed her eyes tightly and shouted.

"There's no one here!"

And quickly passed by us.

Is she pretending to not see us now?

Why? Could it be in return for the handkerchief I gave her earlier?

I was wondering, but lucky for me.

"Let's go."

I took the child and headed back to the Open Hall.

It went smoothly after that. There was no priest I encountered until I reached the Open Hall.

"There she is!"

As soon as I was relieved, priests appeared from behind. But where I was now was the Open Hall. They wouldn't be able to approach me easily as there were so many people around.

As expected, they only hesitated and didn't approach me. They stood from a distance, watching and murmuring. They're probably discussing what to do.

"Baron Aster?"