Chapter-124

When I left the Imperial Palace after work, a carriage with a pattern of flowers in full bloom and intertwined stems was waiting for me.

"Welcome, Baron."

It was the Baron of Aster's carriage.

Since I couldn't keep borrowing the Imperial carriage, I bought a carriage as soon as I returned.

I looked at the emblem of the Baron of Aster on the carriage before getting into it. I had seen it several times already, but every time I saw it, it felt strange.

I really have become a baron, huh?

I got into the carriage, reflecting on the fresh fact in my mind.

"We are going straight to the mansion, aren't we?"

"Yeah."

"We will depart now."

With a clatter, the carriage started gently. I leaned on the back of the chair and read the book I borrowed from the library before I left work.

It was a book about the structure of the temple. Although there were slight differences, the temples of the Empire were designed based on the contents of this book.

The temple was largely divided into two, the Open Hall, which was open to outsiders, and the Secret Hall, which outsiders could never enter.

The place I had to go to was this place, the Secret Hall. Because the temple's dirty linen was probably hidden there.

The question is, how do I get in?

Only priests and temple officials were allowed to enter the Secret Hall.

If the emperor, Kalian, gave an Imperial order, I could enter temporarily, but there had to be a special reason for that. For example, to check whether the donations were being used well.

If he did that, I would be able to get into the Secret Hall, but I wouldn't be able to find what I was looking for.

As long as the priests weren't stupid, they would surely put away everything that could prove their blemish beforehand.

In fact, it was like that when I visited the temple of the Williot estate.

Then what should I do? Should I sneak in?

It was the best way to check their blemishes raw, but the risk was also high.

But no matter how hard I thought about it, I couldn't come up with a better way other than this.

"Should I discuss it with His Majesty..."

As I was contemplating what to do, the carriage stopped.

I finally arrived home, the new mansion that Kalian gave to me.

"Hold my hand and get off, Baron."

"Thank you, Hans."

I took Hans's hand and got off the carriage.

The new mansion I received was closer to the Imperial Palace than where I had lived before. Not to mention, it was bigger and more luxurious.

I couldn't let Sarah manage such a big mansion alone, so I hired a few more servants when I bought the carriage.

Hans, the coachman and servant, was one of them.

"Welcome, Baron!"

And Paul, the servant.

"Welcome home, My Lady!"

Also, Ness came in as a new maid. It was the Ness, who worked for the Duke of Williot.