Chapter-55

As the banquet was just a week away, the entire Imperial Palace became bustling.

As an aide to the emperor, all that was left was to make sure that each department was doing its job well.

"I can do it myself. So Sir Thebesa, please go write the report on the child care institution."

Ver said as he handed the documents he had brought to the servant.

"If it is delayed, the establishment of the health institution will also be delayed."

"Thank you for your consideration."

When Leila bowed her head, Ver shook his hand.

"No. Thanks to Sir Thebesa's early arrival, the work was done quickly. This is only natural."

If Leila hadn't come, Ver would still be struggling with the documents.

Was that all? Each department would have constantly urged him to finish them by saying, 'there's not much time left until the banquet.'

It was terrible just thinking about it. Ver shuddered inwardly and thanked Leila.

"Thank you for coming early, Sir Thebesa."

"No. I was just doing what I had to do."

A pure smile was drawn over her lips. It was a light smile without a single speckle.

"Then I'll get going now."

Leila bowed politely to Ver and turned around.

Ver looked half absentminded at Leila, who was getting farther away.

The servant, who was holding the documents on behalf of Ver, looked at him curiously.

"What's wrong, Baron?"

"Oh, that's..."

Ver, who turned around scratching his head, was indifferent when a group of attendants passed by.

And he greeted the attendants lightly.

Since the Imperial family was served closely, most of the attendants working in the inner palace were the children of nobles higher than Viscount.

Although they didn't have titles, Ver had to greet them first because their status was higher than Ver.

[T/N: Title here refers to a title or rank of honor conferred on royalty or nobles with outstanding achievements.]

The attendants didn't receive Ver's greeting. They whispered as they passed by him.

"Look at how that person greeted us..."

"Even if he receives a title, it doesn't mean that his low bloodline is going anywhere. He must be mistaken for becoming a noble like us."

"Maybe that's what it is. Basically, things like that are kind of stupid."

They were gossiping about Ver.

When Ver looked at them, the attendant's faces who met his eyes changed slightly.

They coughed as if they had never done so and disappeared quickly.

Things that can't be said in front are always done on the back.

It was so childish that Ver turned his head with a small smile.

The servant asked anxiously as if he was worried.

"Are you okay, Baron?"

"I'm okay. It's not something that happens once or twice."

Ver shrugged casually.