Chapter-37

What is this sound?

I looked around in bewilderment.

Soon, I noticed a loud flash of light outside the curtained window. There was also the sound of heavy rain.

"Don't tell me..."

Has the rainy season already come? No way. There's still a week left until the rainy season starts.

I hurriedly opened the window and looked out.

The endless raindrops hit the windowsill and splashed into my face.

Because of the dark clouds, I couldn't tell if it was morning or night.

It wasn't ordinary rain. And it didn't look like it would stop easily.

Rumbling, bang!

"Hig!"

I sat down with my ears covered at the sound of thunder hitting my ears.

My body trembled and my eyes were blurred. The hand that covered my ears kept slipping down.

"My Lady!"

Misa slammed the door open, ran, and hugged me tightly as I was shaking like a fool.

"It's okay, My Lady."

"Ugh, ughh."

"It's just thunder. There's nothing to be scared of."

I knew that too. But, what could I do about that that scared me?

Misa comforted me, but like a fool, I couldn't calm myself down and cried endlessly.

The rainy season started early. It's a week earlier than expected.

It didn't matter much because we had already prepared for the rainy season, but the problem was me.

It was impossible to ride the carriages because of the pouring rain.

"It really can't?"

"I truly apologize."

The driver bowed more and apologized.

"You don't have to apologize like that. It's not your fault."

It's all because of the rain.

The thunder and lightning had stopped, but the rain was still pouring down.

Even though I didn't know much about horses and carriages, riding a carriage in this weather was suicide.

Nine years ago, the former Duke and his wife died in vain and it was because the carriage slipped in the rain.

Thinking about it gave me a headache.

Sarah asked anxiously as I frowned and ran my hand over my head.

"Are you okay, My Lady?"

"I'm okay."

I looked at the coachman with a smile.

"Then when can the carriage be ridden?"

"I can't give you a definite answer, but I think it will be possible in about 4 days."

There were only 12 days left until the test. Excluding the time to go to the capital, there were only 8 days left.

It's a waste of 4 days, but there's no other way. Because I couldn't go to the capital through this kind of rain.

"Okay. I'll wait for you, and I'll always be ready to leave. Let me know if it's possible to ride the carriage anytime."

"Yes, My Lady."