Chapter-99

After talking to Marquis Valdir privately, his relationship with me had noticeably improved. It's not like it really had improved, but since our relationship wasn't that good before, it seemed to be getting better even with only this much.

About two days after that.

We finally arrived at the capital.

"Finally, the capital."

"We can go home now."

The sounds of joy were heard everywhere.

I too was happy going back to the capital. It felt like I had returned to my home.

Is Sarah already here? Must be not, because I came back a little earlier than planned.

I wanted to go home quickly, but I had something to do before that.

It was to go to the Imperial Palace and inform the Emperor that we had arrived safely, and to report on what had happened.

The thought of seeing Kalian soon made my heart beat and made my heart full.

I fiddled with the spirit stone necklace I was wearing.

I didn't take off the necklace all the way back to the capital from Hutton. I wore it all the time even when I was taking a bath and sleeping. As if it were an amulet.

In fact, wearing this actually made me feel comfortable.

The carriage, which was running diligently, slowed down little by little and then stopped.

As I got off the carriage while being escorted by Sir Hiltine who got off first, I could see a familiar scenery.

"Sir Thebesa!"

"Baron Delrond!"

The familiar and friendly person.

Baron Delrond's face that I hadn't seen in a long time looked pretty good.

What a relief. I was worried that he might have had a hard time doing my part.

Baron Delrond greeted Marquis Valdir and told him why he had come.

"His Majesty is waiting in the audience room."

Marquis Valdir nodded solemnly.

"Lead the way."

We followed Baron Delrond to the audience room.

Blue Dragon, the guardian deity of the Empire, was clearly engraved on the huge door. Its blue eyes seemed to be really looking at me, so I was scared for a moment.

The guards standing in front opened the door.

I looked back before entering, but I didn't see Sir Hiltine. It was the first time he disappeared without a word, so I was bewildered.

Where did he go? Did he leave because he thought his mission was over now that we arrived at the Imperial Palace?

"Let's go in."

Marquis Valdir took the lead, followed by the other nobles.

The magnificent audience chamber revealed the majesty of the empire as it was.

Nobles stood on both sides of the long red carpet that stretched all the way to the front of the stairs.

The closer to the higher seat, the higher the nobility, and Kalian was sitting at the higher seat.

It's been a long time since I saw Kalian.

I was happy to see him again, but at the same time, I was also nervous. The reason was not just because of Kalian. Numerous nobles gathered in the audience chamber also played the role.