Chapter- 157

New Year's Day was just three days away.

I was reviewing the New Year's Day schedule again and checking to see if there were any problems when the servants came to me with a large box.

"Baron Aster, His Majesty has sent you this."

It seemed to be the reward he mentioned before.

But why are there so many boxes? It looks like more than twenty boxes. Even if he sends me accessories to match the dress, there are still too many.

As I was staring at it, confused, the servant asked.

"Shall we put these in the carriage?"

"Ah, yeah. Please do that."

I'll open it when I get home.

"By the way, are these all the gifts from His Majesty to me?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Really?"

I asked if there was a mistake, but the servant said no firmly.

What did he send so many?

I was very curious. So, as soon as I got home from work, I checked the boxes without changing my clothes.

"Oh my God, His Majesty gave you all of this?"

Sarah's eyes twinkled as she looked at the boxes. On the other hand, Ness looked at the boxes as if doubtful.

"I think it's too much to simply repay you for choosing clothes though."

I agreed with Ness in silence, then opened the nearest box.

There were shoes in the box. The pearl embedded on the toe of the white flat shoes reflected the light and sparkled.

"Wow, what pretty shoes."

The shoes were so pretty that even Ness, who was doubtful, burst out in admiration.

"It's really pretty! How can pretty shoes like this exist?"

Of course, Sarah liked it and made a fuss.

I then opened a box of the same size. It was shoes again this time.

I guess all boxes of this size are shoes. Then I'll open the other boxes.

I opened the larger box. There was a hat in it. And, of course, the largest box contained dresses. Four dresses were in it.

Why did he send me this many?

He said he would send me a dress to wear on New Year's Day, didn't he?

...come to think of it, he didn't say only one. And come to think of it, I need to wear non-uniforms exactly 4 times during New Year's Day.

He sends me all, huh?

Not only dresses, but also accessories such as shawls, hats, and shoes to match. There were also plenty of accessories, such as necklaces and rings.

"This is really a lot. When are we going to organize it all?"

Contrary to her grumbling, Sarah was smiling. Before I knew it, even Ness looked at the gifts with a happy smile.

"His Majesty seems to be very fond of the Baron."

"He's not only fond. It's a little more profound."

"As expected, is it that?"

"Of course, it is that."

"Don't talk nonsense."