Chapter-24

I can't believe you treat me like the lady-in-waiting you used to have.

I sneered and burst into laughter at the same time.

As I was so annoyed, I ran out of breath.

Leila, don't get too excited. If you get excited here, you lose.

I took a deep breath, controlled my pounding heart, and answered with a smile.

"I don't want to."

When I flatly refused, Cecily opened her eyes wide. It was a face that didn't know that I would refuse.

"Why?"

She looked obviously surprised, but the way she looked at me was the same as the way Countess Thebesa looked at me.

The eyes that were filled with contempt or disdain, many negative emotions.

Maybe that's why I could see Countess Thebesa above Cecily.

As I recalled the words she had poured out onto me, my mood dropped sharply.

"...get out."

Not knowing wasn't a bad thing. But I had to tell her that this wasn't right.

If Cecily's action was purely from ignorance like Philen's, I could endure it.

However, if it was a pretense of ignorance, I had no intention of putting up with it any longer.

"Stop pretending and get out."

As I pointed my finger at the door, Cecily tilted her head innocently.

"Pretending... I don't know what Lady Thebesa is talking about."

"Stop calling me Lady Thebesa."

I twisted my lips.

"From now on, call me young lady. Miss Heliode, no, I'll call you Miss Cecily now. The Heliode surname disappeared when your kingdom fell."

Cecily's face turned white. Then it turned red again.

She leaped up from her seat and shouted.

"But that doesn't change the fact that I'm a princess!"

"It should be, 'I was a princess', no?"

As I corrected her, Cecily's eyes were filled with venom.

She glared at me as if she would eat me up at any moment, but I wasn't scared at all.

Because I had met a lot of people like that while acting on behalf of the Duke and Duchess.

And Cecily was on the cute side.

"You, who can no longer use the Heliode surname, are no longer a princess or a noble, but a commoner."

I got up from my seat and walked towards the door.

"The reason I use honorifics to you is because you have his child."

Cecily's venomous gaze clung to me like a leech.

"Until you give birth and leave the mansion, I will treat you to the best of my ability. So, don't cause any trouble, just keep quiet and get out."

"I am leaving the mansion?"

"Didn't you hear from Philen? Philen said he will get you out of the mansion as soon as you give birth to the child."

Cecily's wide-opened eyes trembled in disbelief.

It seemed she hadn't heard any of it from Philen.

Well, as expected. He didn't mean it seriously. He was just trying to reassure me at that time.