Chapter-26

I tried to sleep soundly without thinking about Philen or Cecily, but I couldn't. It was impossible.

In the end, I stayed up all night with my eyes wide open, sitting quietly on the sofa and doing nothing.

Even though I had no desire to do anything, there was nothing to do.

After handing everything to Philen, all I had left was free time.

When I was doing the Duke and Duchess's work, I was so busy that a day wasn't enough. And then, I suddenly became free, so I didn't know what to do.

Should I read a book? Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Having made the decision, I headed straight to the study.

But, the door to the study was firmly locked.

Of course, I thought the butler would have the key, but he didn't.

"Master holds the key to the study."

"Aren't the keys of the mansion originally kept by the butler?"

"Yes, but last night, Master asked me to bring him the key to the study, so I gave it to him."

"I see."

Philen and the study. What a bad combination.

I was surprised when I heard that he took the key to the study, not the key to the training ground.

Ah, did he take the key to the study because of the documents?

Other than that, there was no reason for Philen to take the key to the study.

I thought he would be coasting, it turned out he's working hard. It was a little unexpected.

"Do you not have any extra keys?"

"The study is an important place. So, for security reasons, only one key was made. If it is lost, we have to change the lock."

That meant I had to get the key from Philen if I wanted to go to the study.

What should I do?

If nothing happened yesterday, I would have gone to him. But that's not the case so I agonized about it. It was uncomfortable to meet him.

"Is the Duke in his study now?"

"No. He's still asleep."

Then I don't want to go see him anymore. Because Cecily is in his room.

After agonizing about it, I finally decided not to go.

The desire to not meet Cecily and Philen was greater than the desire to read a book.

I couldn't read a book, so I was contemplating what to do with the rest of my free time, but then a maid came to me with a magic communication tool.

"My Lady, Aide Tail Wizard has contacted you."

The reason why Baron Wizard contacted me could be roughly guessed without hearing it. I was sure he's asking about the rainy season.

I had given all of it to Philen, so it was right to tell her to take the magic tool to him, but I didn't.

My guess could be wrong. So I thought it would be better to hear what was going on and decide.

I accepted the magic tool from the maid.

As I lightly rubbed the communication tool, Baron Wizard's face appeared.

[It's been a while, My Lady.]