Truth.

When I got up the next morning I was surprised to see Billy's car still in his driveway I looked at the clock and saw school was already started. I rolled my eyes and started my day I grabbed my clothes and got in the shower turning on the music as loud as it would go so I could drown out what happened last night.

As I stood there letting the water beat down on my back I remembered something Eddie told me before he left it didn't make much sense back then but it began to connect the dots now.

"Guys don't care about who you are or what you bring to the table, but that's not your problem. Your problem is that you need to bring enough to your table that you can be confident with being alone rather than trying to impress the guy down the street."

I wasn't into dating, and the guys I had dated were all dirtbags and treated me horribly. I thought about becoming a serial dater after my last bad breakup but I didn't have it in me to entertain..let alone deal with all these dumb ass guys so instead I stopped dating all together.

I got out of the shower and walked back to my bed and started getting dressed when my phone vibrated, it was Eddie.

-hey I'm sorry I didn't call you back the other night, it was a long night. They wanted an extra 3 songs I didn't get off the stage until 2 am. How are you doing is everything okay?

I was proud of him and that everything was going so well, but I missed him at the same time. He was the only one who gave a shit about what was going on and what I was doing. Our own parents didn't care about how the house was doing, or how their 18 year old daughter was doing I resented them for that, I was still their daughter regardless of how I dressed or what I liked. I pulled up the messages and texted Eddie back.

-it's okay, I just missed you and wanted to check in. Everything's been okay, I went to Steve Harrington's Halloween party last night but didn't stay for long. And I skipped school today so I'm at the house.

He texted back immediately.

-Harrington?! The hell?! Why is he bothering you? Do I need to talk to him?

I rolled my eyes and messaged back.

-no Eddie, it's okay I can handle Steve, and I'm not sure why he wanted me to go so badly. He did tell me the history between you two though, I'm surprised you didn't tell me what was up with you guys. But it's okay, I went and helped set up but stayed maybe an hour once the party started. I remembered how much I hate crowds and people.

-well let me know if he tries anything again, I'll say something to him, or I'll beat his ass. I don't like that kid, at all. But I have to get back to rehearsals, do me a favor and go to school tomorrow, don't turn out like me. Love you!

-love you too, I hope you come home soon.

I put my phone back down on the bed and sat down to put my socks on. I didn't know what I was going to do today but I knew I needed to get out of the house. When I opened the front door it was pouring down rain.

what the hell?

I stood there watching the rain trying to figure out what I was going to do. I looked over at Billy's car and then closed the door. Ever since I said something to Neil it was silent, which was a little scary and the fact that it was a Monday and Billy wasn't at school but home instead was a little alarming. So I pulled out my phone and texted him.

-hey is everything okay? Saw you didn't go to school.

But there was no reply which made me worry, it didn't make sense as to why I was so worried about some dick who only cared about himself and who his next flavor of the week was. Once the rain lightened up a little I walked out back and sat down on the patio scrolling through my phone and listening to the rain hit the umbrella.