Bodyguard.

Steve was sweet, I knew it was a game to him but it was nice to not be alone tonight. I wondered why Johnathan didn't call, or come by but I tried to not think too much into that one, he was my past and we broke up for a reason. There was no more Dani and Johnathan, not in this lifetime anyway.

When the movie was over Steve was snoring on the couch "hey" I whispered as I nudged him on the shoulder but he didn't move. He continued to snore as I got up and began cleaning up the house and got ready for bed "damn he must be tired." I said as I laughed to myself covering him up more with the blanket, I grabbed the remote and put something on the tv so he'd have light before turning everything else off and heading upstairs. I climbed into bed and turned off my light before I heard my phone repeatedly buzzing over and over again I flipped it over to look at it and saw message after message from Billy I didn't open them or reply I turned my phone off instead.

"He isn't worth it." I said as I pulled the blanket up to my mouth and closed my eyes. Before I knew it I was asleep.

The next morning I woke up and looked at the clock and realized it was 9 am.

Shit I'm late for school. I jumped up and found clothes before running downstairs and seeing Steve still passed out on the couch upside down with his leg on the back of the couch.

"STEVE WE'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!" I yelled as I yanked the blanket from him. His eyes immediately popped open and the panic was all over his face "SHIT!" He yelled as he scrambled to get himself together to get ready to go. He began messing with his hair and fixing his shirt while trying to wake up more, he looked up at me "didn't you set an alarm on your phone?"

"I could ask you the same exact thing"

He grabbed his phone but the screen was black "well I do except for the fact that I forgot to charge it!"
"Let's go already Harrington!" I threw his jacket at him as he shoved each foot inside of his shoes, he caught it and we both ran outside.

"I can drive" he yelled as he fumbled for his keys. I was so late I didn't care right now "fine!" I yelled back and we both ran over to his driveway and climbed inside his car. He didn't let it warm up he immediately backed out of the driveway peeling wheels as he hit the gas petal and shifted into drive. As he drove into town we were both silent until he broke the silence by laughing "I don't think I've ever been woken up like that before" he kept laughing and as I looked over at him irritated I couldn't help but laugh too. Normal me would've said fuck it and went back to bed but I had to graduate this year, I couldn't do this another year.

"You know we could've stayed home we're already super late."
"You could've, I have to graduate this year."
"Why?"
"So I can leave this hell hole."
"But why? What's so bad about this town? I mean yeah you haven't seen much of anything else, but this town isn't as bad as you make it sound."
"That's because you've had a good life here Harrington, some of us haven't. Just because we live next door to each other for so long doesn't mean that my childhood was anything like yours."
"That's true, I guess I never thought of it like that. I'm sorry."
"There's nothing to be sorry about." I smiled at him as we pulled into his parking spot. I glanced over and saw that Billy's car was in his spot and I could feel my stomach drop into my ass.
"Come on I'll walk you to class."
"It's okay you need to get to class."
"We have the same class smart one." He turned the car off and climbed out waiting for me to grab my stuff and walk over to his side of the car.