Aftermath

When I got inside I went upstairs and got under my covers, I didn't open my window and I didn't start playing my guitar. Everything was silent, minus my cries. I knew this was going to happen, I knew who Billy was..but for a moment I saw him as a normal guy who wasn't a man whore and who knew how to treat women with respect.

My phone continued to vibrate for hours after I got home, I assumed it was Steve and Johnathan. I just put it on the charger and flipped it over before rolling the other way and closing my eyes.

Then I remembered the window. I got up and saw the sun setting and turned the lock on my window before closing the curtains. I didn't want anyone anywhere around me I wanted to be alone.

My phone started vibrating over and over but I didn't see who it was until it kept doing it for a solid 30 seconds. I flipped it over and saw Eddie's face.

Shit

"Hello?"
"WHAT THE HELL DANI?!"
"What?"
"Don't what me! The question you asked me!!"
"Oh yeah"
"Oh yeah? Oh fucking yeah?! DANI WHAT THE HELL?"
"I'm sorry"
"Who fucking said it"
"Don't worry about it. It's no big deal"
"No Dani if someone called you that it is a big deal. I'm looking at flights to come home"
"No Eddie it's okay I can handle it, don't come home for that please."
"Dani why would someone call you that?"
"Because I was seen talking to a guy, and the other guy didn't like it."
"Are you dating this other dude?"
"Ummm no we only hung out a few times."
"..did you uh.."
"Ew Eddie no we didn't"
"Thank fucking god. So why is he saying this then?"
"I'm not sure I think jealousy."
I heard him sigh on the other end of the phone "I liked you better when you thought guys were gross."
"Me too. By the way guess who moved back to town?"
"Who?"
"Johnathan Byers"
"No shit. Why the hell would he want to come back there."
"My thoughts exactly. But apparently he said it's the only place that feels like home"
"Weird. And how do you know?"
"He was at school today and found me."
"That's weird"
"Yeah but at least I have someone in this town to hang out with now"
"Just don't date him again."
"Definitely not. I can't see him like that anymore."
"Good. Are you sure you don't want me to come home and kill this dude that said that about you?"
"I'm sure. Save your money for a ticket to come home for Christmas."
"Deal love you kid"
"Love you too. Bye"

I hung up and put my phone back on the charger I looked around the room and decided to get a shower before it got too late. As I let the hot water beat on my back I was finally able to relax, and I realized none of this was my fault and I shouldn't feel like this. This was Billy's issue, not mine, I knew I did everything I could for him and I am a good person. I got out of the shower and grabbed my oversized t-shirt and threw it on before towel drying my hair as I walked out of the bathroom I saw my phone lighting up again, this time it was Steve.

I walked over and looked at it as it rang but didn't answer it. I grabbed my hair brush and headed downstairs to watch tv and tried to figure out what to eat for dinner. I clicked through all the channels twice before I finished brushing all the knots out of my hair, there wasn't anything on. I stood up and walked into the kitchen and stared into the fridge but didn't find anything I was in the mood for so I pulled out a pizza menu and ran upstairs for my phone and ordered myself a medium pepperoni pizza and French fries.

30 minutes later there was a knock on my door when I answered it I took the food from the guy and sat it down before handing the guy the money "keep the change"
"Thanks" he said and I instantly knew that voice I looked up and saw Billy looking back at me. I gave a fake smile and started closing the door before he put his arm on it and prevented me from closing it anymore.
"What"
"Why didn't you answer my texts"
"Because you called me a slut. You showed me where we stand. Now please move your arm so I can close the door and be done with this conversation" he didn't move he only pushed it open farther and let himself in.