He's home.

I stood up and jumped into his arms, he smelled like weed and cigarettes that smell never bothered me. He spun me around laughing before he set me back down on the ground again.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be here until later what the hell?"
"Chrissy didn't want to stop" he said laughing "she was determined to get us there before dinner, she actually drove the rest of the way here. And god damn does she drive like a Munson."
"I don't drive as bad as you" she pushed him out of the way and looked at me "there's my favorite Munson."
She walked over and we hugged I saw Eddie mocking her and making faces behind her back. "He's mocking you." I whispered in her ear before letting her go. Without a beat she kicked him without turning around all you heard was him screaming "OW!" Before we both busted out laughing.
"Did you really tell on me"
"Yeah I did I like her better."
"Yeah I'll remember that."

I grabbed the cigarette pack from the ground and shoved my phone back in my pocket and started to head inside when I noticed Eddie looked over past me and at Steve's house. I wasn't sure if he was outside or if he was rethinking seeing him I didn't ask I just waited for him to say something, but he never did. As we went to walk inside Chrissy grabbed my arm "Eddie why don't you go inside and take our stuff up to your old room, Dani and I need some time to catch up." She smiled back at him and surprisingly he didn't fight her he just headed inside and closed the door behind him.

We walked back over to where I was sitting and sat down she pulled out a blunt from her, well I mean Eddie's leather jacket. As she lit it I knew how the end of this trip would be, she would be my soon to be sister in law even though she pretty much already was, and my brother and her lives would change. I couldn't help but look at her and smile as she exhaled and handed it to me.

"So what's really goin on Dani?""What do you mean?""Well the last time I saw you, you were drowning in over sized clothes and you barley came out of your room

"What do you mean?"
"Well the last time I saw you, you were drowning in over sized clothes and you barley came out of your room..now you're seeing Billy Hargrove and going to parties and you're glowing. You look totally different..you look happy."
I laughed "yeah a lot's changed. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't know the girl looking back at me."
"Don't lose who you are though. It's nice to change things about yourself but never change who you are. I know what that's like I did that a lot in high school, and honestly if it wasn't for me waking up one day and realizing I don't know who I am, I don't think I would've turned out to be the person I am today."
"I think I know what you mean."
"I hope so. And Billy's a nice guy, well from what I remember, before everything went downhill that is."
"You know about his dad"
"Yeah I do, it's sad. I just wish I could've done more, but it looks like you saved him. When we walked through that front door I didn't recognize him. He even shook Eddie's hand"
"Oh god" I covered my mouth in embarrassment.
"You really like him don't you?"
"Yeah I do..but there is someone else."
"Look at you! 2 men! Go Dani!" She put her hand on my knee and we both started laughing again. I wanted to tell her who it was, but I wasn't sure if she would accidentally slip and tell Eddie, I wasn't ready for WWIII on thanksgiving..all this was bad enough.
"But Billy wants to take the next step, he wants a relationship."
"Isn't that what you want?"
"Yeah, I think I do"
"You're worried about this other guy?"
"A little, with Billy things are harder. But he's also just like me and when him and I are together it's like we're the only 2 people around. But he's also got the same reputation around school he did when you were in school. And I keep thinking what's going to happen when everyone at school finds out Billy Hargrove is dating some nerd..and if he will even treat me the same way. But this other guy it's almost too easy..like he told me he's fallen for me, and he is a good guy. His reputation around school it's not that bad, but he is kind of well known if you know what I mean. But I know he would treat me good, hell I think they both would but I'm still confused."