His favorite place

The next morning I opened my eyes and we were still in each other's arms, it was the best night of sleep I had gotten. I wans't sure if it was because of the rain, or Billy either way I didn't care. I looked at the digital clock on my nightstand 7:23 am it read.

Shit we were late for school.

I rolled over and tried to wake him up "Billy we're late!" He immediately opened his eyes and looked around before looking back down at me "we're late for what?"

"School dummy" I tried to roll away from him but I could tell he didn't want to let me go.
"Oh well it looks like we'll have to stay home"
"No Billy I have to go, and so do you. Senior year remember?"
"Yeah, it's my second time being a stupid senior"
"Well then let's not make it a third year..come on" I pushed him off me and sat up in bed looking around for my backpack, he sat up and looked at me "do you have your car keys?"
"Yeah I don't go anywhere without them why?"
"I was gonna offer to drive you."
"Na, I'm good. And if anyone is driving anyone it's me driving you. Not the other way around."
"Whatever Hargrove" I said as I threw the covers at him and walking over to find clothes to wear. "Your clothes are in the dryer"
"Thanks" he got out of bed and went to the laundry room, I quickly threw on my jeans and grabbed a tank top to put on, it was different then my normal baggy shirt but I didn't have time to be picky. I walked over to my dresser, grabbed a pair of socks and sat down putting them on. He walked back in with his jeans unbuttoned and his shirt half on. I was still leaned over putting my socks on when he sat down next to me "you sure we have to go"
"Yes, I don't want to go just as much as you but I have to so I'm making you suffer with me"

He rolled his eyes and put his shirt on and buttoned his jeans "you ready?"
"Yeah, lemme get my keys"
"What part of you aren't driving do you not get?"
"Billy, I leave half day on Tuesdays and you don't. It's pointless if you take me"
"Guess I have a half day today too then"

We stared at each other for a good 5 minutes before he spoke "we can do this all day, I'm not going to change my mind. Let's go"
"UGGGGHHHH!"
"You're the one that said we have to go, this is my only condition."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack "come on" he gave me a cheesy grin and followed me out of my room and then out of the house. We walked over to his car "it's unlocked" he said as I walked over to the passenger side. I got in and it reeked of cigarettes and cologne he started the car and it purred under my feet it sounded really nice.

"Last chance to back out, I have other things we can do"
"Drive Hargrove"

He put the car into drive as I looked over at his house and saw Neil looking back in the living room window I looked back over at Billy to see if he had seen Neil too but it didn't seem like he had a care in the world driving this car..that's when I realized it this car was his escape it was the only thing he had that made him happy. One thing I knew about Billy is that he drove this car as fast as he could and blared the music louder, but this morning the radio was quiet. I looked over at him tapping along to the song on his steering wheel and couldn't help but smile..and he noticed it.

"What time do you get out today?"
"1"
"Okay meet me at the car at 1 okay? I'll be waiting for you..no buts" I nodded and leaned back in the seat as he lit a cigarette. He took a puff and then handed it over to me, I took it and did the same before handing it back.