Lunch break.

The next morning we woke up right on time for class, it was Wednesday so that meant it was my long day and his short day. But it was also the last day before thanksgiving break. I got dressed and kissed him goodbye as he ran out the door and I continued to get ready, I heard him peel wheels out of his driveway and race down the road. I pulled my jacket on while looking at my phone and locking up the house.

"Good morning" a voice called from behind me. I tuned around and saw Steve standing out by his car. I made sure the house was locked up and put my phone in my pocket and started walking over to him. As I got closer I could see him looking me up and down and the smile on his face getting bigger and bigger.

 As I got closer I could see him looking me up and down and the smile on his face getting bigger and bigger

"Good morning Harrington" I said as I got a few feet from him and his car.
"How was your day yesterday?"
"I slept the rest of the day, honestly I didn't even eat."
"Damn I can't keep you up that late ever again" he smiled and pulled me in for a hug.
"Maybe on the weekends you can, but no not on school nights anymore."
"Well next time you'll just have to stay here"
"You're right"

He looked down at me surprised "what's gotten into you?"
I laughed "I don't know"
"Well whatever it is, I like it."
"Oh yeah?" I put my arms inside his jacket to keep warm I could feel that he was trying to keep his composure.
"Definitely. Do we have to go to school..you can always come hang out with me all day"
"It's Friday..and it's my long day"
"Oh come on I'll make it worth your while"
"Steve you have a game tonight"

He dropped his shoulders and started acting like a toddler about to throw a tantrum "FUUUUUUCCCKKKK!" He yelled and started bitching while he messed his hair up. After he had his fit he looked back at me "will you come tonight?"
"You want me to come to your game and watch you?"
"Yeah seeing you will make me push myself harder..you know to impress you"
"You're a dork Harrington"

He walked over and leaned down, our lips were inches from each other "but you like it." He whispered as we locked eyes. It was clear he wasn't going to make the first move, so I was going to.

"Yes I do" I grabbed his jacket collar and pulled his lips onto mine and kissed him. Kissing him was totally different then kissing Billy. Steve was an okay kisser, Billy liked tongue but I don't think Steve liked it too much. I pulled away and his eyes were still closed.

He opened them and looked at me shocked "so much for taking things slow" he laughed as I joined in with him. I didn't know what had gotten into me but I wasn't complaining.

Maybe I should play them before they have the chance to play me.

"We need to get to school" I pulled out my car keys as Steve grabbed my hand.
"I can drive us"
"Na that's okay, I'll drive myself today"
"You sure?"
"Yeah I'm sure. I'll see you there?"
"Yup I'll see you in first period." He pulled me in for another hug and kissed the top of my head "be careful."
"You too" I said as I started walking back over to my car in my driveway. I unlocked my car and climbed inside turning it on and letting it warm up as I pulled my phone out.