The game.

"Dani" he whispered as he rubbed my shoulder trying to wake me up. I didn't realize how tired I was until he tried waking me. As I opened my eyes and looked around I realized we were still in Billy's car and the sun was setting.
"What time is it?"
"It's 4..we have to get back to the school the game starts in an hour"
"Shit okay" I said as I yawned and stretched sitting back up in the seat. He began driving back to the school without the radio on, not saying anything.
"Are you okay? Im sorry I fell asleep"
"Why are you sorry? That's nothing to be sorry about, and yeah I'm okay I was falling asleep and honestly I didn't even want to wake you to go to this stupid ass game."
"Why not?"
"I'd rather go back to your house and order food and lay in bed together than play a game with sweaty dudes fighting over a ball."
"That's true. What are you up to tonight after the game?"
"I've got to pick up Max from her friends house and take her home. Maybe I'll come over after that"
"I'll let you know when I get home."
He looked over at me "why wouldn't you be home?"
"I have to go buy stuff for thanksgiving remember?"
"Oh yeah, thought you were gonna say you have a date or something."

I didn't say anything back I just laughed as we pulled into the parking lot at school it was now packed from when we left there were barley any spots open

I didn't say anything back I just laughed as we pulled into the parking lot at school it was now packed from when we left there were barley any spots open..except Billy's spot I think everyone just knew not to park there. We pulled in and quickly got out of the car.

"I'm gonna head to the locker room, I'll look for you in the stands" he squeezed my hand and ran in the opposite direction with his duffel bag. I walked into the school and headed towards the gymnasium it got louder the closer I got, this was something new I had never done before. I wasn't into pep rallies, or stupid sports games, but since I was talking to not just one guy but 2 on the same team I figured it was time to see what it was all about. As I walked inside the gym the bleachers were packed with people there weren't any open seats from what I could see. I continued to walk around until I found a spot that was still open, I quickly ran up the steps and walked over and sat down before that spot was taken as well. I pulled my phone out and texted both Billy and Steve "good luck" before putting it away again.

Before I knew it Jason was on the microphone talking about last weeks game, and how they almost lost but somehow managed to pull it together in the last half.