Shit hits the fan.

I walked back around the corner and saw Eddie and Steve were now sitting on the ground still shooting the shit so to speak. They were laughing and making jokes it was nice to see them together again even though I never really saw them when Eddie was around. They were always over at Steve's since he had a pool and a nicer family, which left me home with mom and dad.

Once my parents caught wind of their friendship they actually encouraged it, I honestly think they thought if he was around Steve long enough he would want to be like him and not what Eddie really is

Once my parents caught wind of their friendship they actually encouraged it, I honestly think they thought if he was around Steve long enough he would want to be like him and not what Eddie really is. But once they realized he really wasn't going to change is when they turned their attention on me.

They tried putting me in pageants, I bit the makeup lady. And honestly she deserved it.
They tried putting me in private school, I got kicked out for fighting 3 months in. Every girl I beat up called me names, but my parents took their side over mine.
They tried buying me dresses, bright colors and everything "girly", I refused to wear it and stole Eddie's clothes instead.

They gave up pretty quickly with me too, I wasn't the girl they had hoped for. I was a Tom boy, anything dirty, dark, creepy and masculine I wanted to be apart of. I didn't care about what color I was going to paint my nails or what dress would match my shoes.

I was happy with who I was, why couldn't they accept that?

As I sat there and watched them I remembered every fight Eddie and my parents would get into after he would come home from Steve's. They pushed too hard with wanting to be a cookie cutter family which only pushed him and I away farther. Mom called me names, called me fat and told me I would never amount to anything and that no man would want to marry someone like me. She said I was a disappointment as a daughter and that because I liked the things I did I was never really her child. My dad, he was silent most of the time unless he was agreeing with her, he mainly went after Eddie. Neither one of them got to the level of Neil though thankfully, although I don't think it would've gotten them much farther with us. We got good grades, we tried to be good kids, but it was never enough for them.

And then one day, they were just..gone. I came home from school and found the note.

They basically said that they were done trying, it was clear I was better off alone..that we were better off alone. They told us not to contact them anymore, and that the house was signed off into Eddie's name, which along with the note that paper work was there too, along with the paper work signing the car over to me. They were so blind in wanting to be perfect that they failed to see that they raised decent ass kids. Eddie was in a successful band, touring the USA and about to be married, while I'm graduating high school early.

When they left it was more of a relief then upsetting we were finally free from the 2 people who were supposed to love us from the start instead they tried to make us into something we would never be, and that was jus too much for them to accept. Sure it was lonely without Eddie here but it was easier then having them here, it was easier then having to fight with people who would never accept you.