Let the games begin.

I woke up right on time the next morning, something I hadn't done since either one of these guys had been interested in me. My hand throbbed, and the other was pretty bruised up but I made sure to take pain medication before we headed to school. Steve had passed out on the couch sometime the night before, and Billy said he hadn't come to bed until around 3 am.

It was another cold day but it was tolerable, I wasn't sure if it was because of Billy's jacket, or the fact that I was too distracted thinking about how today was going to go

It was another cold day but it was tolerable, I wasn't sure if it was because of Billy's jacket, or the fact that I was too distracted thinking about how today was going to go. As we were driving Billy had his hand on my knee, squeezing it to the beat of the song. When we pulled up to school Steve's car somehow beat us here, and he was sitting on the trunk waiting. He had parked next to Billy's spot today which was weird, but I tried not to make it too weird.

"You ready for today?" Billy turned the car off and we looked each other, my face I'm sure was like an open book he could read exactly how I was feeling.
"Not really"
"I'm gonna be here with you, I won't leave your side, and Steve agreed until this whole thing stops him and I have put the issues aside and we're going to handle the Jason thing."
"Thanks I think" I laughed and got out of the car, but waiting for Billy to come around the other side to meet me.

""Thanks I think" I laughed and got out of the car, but waiting for Billy to come around the other side to meet me

"Morning slugger" Steve hopped off his trunk and walked over to me.
"Ha ha so funny"
"How's it feelin today?"
"Hurts like a bitch but I'll deal."

Billy came over and draped his arm on my shoulder as he gave Steve a nod and we headed towards the double doors. Once we got inside I looked over at where everything had happened the night before and got nauseous, I could see some of Jason's blood still on the ground. Billy squeezed my arm tighter and pulled me to his locker instead of mine.

"Here, take my books today"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, you can just help me with homework later, fair trade I think."
"Okay" I smiled and grabbed the books from his locker and closed it.

The bell rang.

"Let's get you to class." He grabbed my hand and lead me to my first class, the one I had with Steve. He gave me a quick kiss goodbye before squeezing my hand one final time before walking away, I stood there and watched him walk away before the second bell rang. I turned around and headed inside, Steve smiled the second I looked up "I saved you a seat" he said as I got closer to where he was sitting. I sat down and started listening to the teacher about the next part of the project we had to do before turning over and looking at Steve.