Home cookin'

It didn't take me long before I realized what Steve meant by "you're going to love this place". We stopped at the grocery store and I immediately knew what he was doing, he was going to cook dinner for us not take me out. It was a sweet gesture and I was impressed. "Stay here I'll be right back" he said as he got out of the car and ran inside I looked down at the center console and seen that he had forgotten his phone but I didn't touch it. I pulled mine out and saw I had a message from Billy I rolled my eyes and clicked on it.

-give me another chance. I can make this up to you I promise.

-why should I? You called me a slut, clearly that's what you think of me.

-it isn't, and I will never not be sorry for what I said. You aren't a slut, I was jealous and I'm so sorry Dani please let me make it up to you again.

-I'll think about it.

-that's a start. :)

I put my phone back in my jacket pocket and looked over at the front of the grocery store everything was so bright and I could see Steve checking out at the register. I couldn't help but smile as I saw him doing this I was beginning to like him I think. The way he was smiling at the cashier and having a conversation about lord only knows what just seeing him like this was nice. I didn't know where this was going to lead but I knew that I was into him, he seemed to care about me and maybe he wanted the same things I did. I watched as he fixed his hair before grabbing the bags and walking towards the door to head out to the car he was so handsome no wonder half of the high-school had been with him.

I could see now what the other girls saw in him.

He walked back to the car and smiled as our eyes met before opening the trunk and putting the groceries inside before walking back to the driver's side "I guess you can tell what we're doing tonight."

"Yeah" I said as I laughed and gave him another smile

"Is that okay? Or would you rather go out? I just figured we could cook together and hang out with no one around."
"That's fine by me, but one thing..I uh don't know how to cook."
"Perfect, I do. I can teach you, we can start with tonight. My parents are still out of town so we have the whole house to ourselves."
"We can always go to mine too, mine aren't ever home."
"Next time, tonight is my house."
"Oh there's going to be a next time?"
"I hope there will be." He said as he reached for my hand.
"We'll have to see how good of a cook you are Harrington."

He backed out of the parking lot and we headed towards his house, without me asking he parked in the garage so Billy couldn't see that I had gotten home because of Steve Harrington, it was a nice gesture.

"I figured I'd park in here tonight, mainly because I didn't want to weird you out if someone saw us and started running their mouths at school. Not that I wouldn't protect you, but I can see you needed a stress free night so that's what I'm going to give you."
"Steve you're really sweet."
"Come on let's go make a chef out of you" he turned the car off and we headed inside as he grabbed the food from the trunk, I didn't know what he had grabbed for us to make but it was nice just being with him.