The Light That Sweeps Away Darkness

Meliodas exhales satisfied. He and Ban just had saved a couple of humans who were captured by the Demons. 'Mission accomplished' he says with a proud smile.

Ban's voice rang from behind. 'What's going on? You were looking kind of rusty back there, Captain' Ban says as a teasing smirk creeps up on his face.

Meliodas turns his head to the side. 'Right back at you, buddy' he replies jokingly before turning back and walking over to the villagers. 'Okay, I got a question. Where did these demons manage to capture all of you?'

'There's a village here nearby used as a trap. Those who live there and those passing through...-' The man explains looking blankly ahead of him.

'I get the idea' Meliodas cuts in. The man glances over at him in confusion. 'We'll talk more after we've taken care of them Meliodas and Ban nod at each other before running forwards to where the demons were fleeing.

.

.

'Oh, man, this is great!' Meliodas hums delighted at the taste of the meat he was eating. Both he and Ban were sitting around a bonfire after they killed the Demons. 'Just getting to eat your cooking again makes coming back from the dead feel totally worth it!' Meliodas says smiling brightly at his best friend.

Ban grins back 'Thanks, and I'm glad to be fighting by your side again, I gotta say'

'Same for me!'

Ban's smile fades. 'Listen, you've got your strength back and that's great..' Ban starts glancing down at the fire. 'But you're still nowhere near the level you were that day, right?'

Meliodas looks down with furrowed eyebrows. Meliodas knew what he meant. The day he lost control and killed fraudrin. '-Hey just so you know.' Ban says making Meliodas look up. 'No matter what kind of mental baggage you're carrying around in that head of yours, it doesn't change the fact that you're my friend' He says a smile creeping up on his face. 'You're the captain of the Seven deadly sins, Meliodas, the dragon sin'

Ban finishes before taking a big bite of his food. 'So what's gonna be our next move?' Ban asks munching happily.

Meliodas hums. 'Well, it seems like we're done rescuing the travelers captured by the Demon race like Bartra asked...' Meliodas says pondering for a second. 'So our next move will be taking back the Camelot castle...'

Ban raises an eyebrow at the blond which Meliodas chuckles at. 'But~ before all that, there's something else we've got to do... right?'

.

.

Pelio grunts as another punch was thrown at him. 'What's the matter, kid? Is this the best you can do? I thought you were bringing us down!' the yellow demon says mockingly while punching the young boy several times.

With one last punch, the blond falls down on the ground. 'My dad..my friends and everyone in the village..' Pelio says his voice barely coming out as a whisper. '-making them look so sad and hopeless, I'll never forgive you for that' He says as he stands up, using his wooden stick to help him up. 'Cause I'm Dragon Sin, Peliodas! And I swear you will never defeat me!'

The Yellow demon deadpans. 'You're boring. Die already-' he was cut off by a grunt from the young boy's dad. A pitchfork pierces through the Demons forehead and he falls back with a thud. The father who just threw the pitchfork runs over to his son. 'Are you alright Pelio?'

The Demon stands up with a growl. 'Curse you, human, and after I let you live too!' he growls. Pelio's dad puts the boy behind him in a protective manner. The villagers planning on fighting back, grab different types of weapons.