Beginning of the Holy War

Although Merlin didn't complain about M/n's demand for her to stay, the male could see how anxious she was about the boy's safety. M/n understands, he understands why.

To why Arthur has to stay alive.

To why she cares so much about him.

So when Merlin's eyes widened, a scared look on her, her eyes practically begging M/n to give her permission, the male nodded. And not one second later she disappeared.

He could only hope she'd get there on time.

.

.

Merlin saved Arthur from Cusack by turning him into ice, huge ice spikes formed everywhere and ice formed on the three siblings' feet, trapping them, and making them unable to move.

Chandler who was next to Meliodas narrowed his eyes. 'I know you'

Merlin ignored him before getting a hold of Arthur, holding him by her chest. The boy was wounded but happy that Merlin came for him. 'You did well Arthur..' Merlin mumbles to the boy, but he didn't have the strength to respond.

Cath, his little cat friend bounced up to them, also wounded. Merlin looks down at it. 'You sent that telepathic message, right? I owe you' she says truthfully.

'Merlin' Meliodas cut in with a big frown. 'Enough of your games. Give me the Commandment of faith right now' he demands holding his hand out. Merlin pursed her lips and sighs.

'I know what you're trying to do. You're focused on becoming the Demon King to end my brother's suffering, and I appreciate that' she tells him, Meliodas kept his blank face on while Melony scowls. 'But don't forget about your friends because we're focused on going out and risking our lives in an effort to save you two'

Meliodas's eye twitched, Merlin didn't know if it was annoyance or doubt. 'Also, I don't have the commandment' Merlin states as the ice where Cusack was trapped in begins to break. 'My brother does, if you want it, ask him yourself...' the girl smirks. 'If you dare, I heard what happened, he was pretty upset'

That was the last thing she says before teleporting away, at the same time Cusack broke from the ice wall with a loud growl.

.

.

When Merlin reappeared, landing roughly on Hawk M/n couldn't help but sigh in relief. Merlin quickly asked Elizabeth if she could heal Arthur's wounds to which Elizabeth nodded and quickly left M/n's side.

Elizabeth stopped in her tracks, her eyes widened, a gasp leaving her mouth. Merlin looked the same if not more horrified.

Arthur for some reason raised his sword before stabbing it through his stomach. He looked shocked and confused. Pain written all over his face.

M/n blinked as if not believing what just had happened, his stomach dropped, why did he do that? Arthur fell to the ground with a painful thud. a puddle of blood quickly forming on the ground.

'Arthur, No!' Merlin shouted desperately, her hands started to shake. 'Stop it! Let go of that sword!'

'Big sis sis, hurry! Heal his wounds!' She shouted again but Arthur wouldn't move, M/n was frozen in place, everything they were doing...was it for nothing? Nothing at all? 'Arthur please!'

'It's no good!' Elizabeth cries out. 'I can't unless we pull the sword out'

Merlin crouches down putting her hand over Arthur's that was holding the sword in his stomach. 'Listen to me Arthur!' She tries pulling on it, but the sword didn't even move. 'Arthur!'