Partners? Partners.

Warning!! I don't wanna spoil but there is a lot of mwah mwah mwah. If you know what I mean. Don't kill me.

M/n was confused. One hour ago he was sick, so sick he couldn't move. But suddenly he got better, a lot better. Like he was never sick in the first place. He felt relieved, finally the days of suffering were over.

But with what cost? The cost of him standing before a grave with flowers in his hands. The name Elizabeth is written on the grave, so delicate, with a slightly golden color.

M/n didn't know how to feel, three days ago his sickness was just a normal thing, but suddenly he found out he was cursed. Cursed for the sin he so called commited. When Elizabeth told him what happened, he couldn't help but silently curse himself out.

How could he have been so stupid?

Now he had to leave. Leave Belialuin. Leave his father. Leave his people. Leave his sister.

But on the other hand, he'll get to see him again. Hear him again. Feel him again and then maybe, just maybe he'd tell M/n what he wanted to tell him not so long ago. M/n's heart warmed upon thinking about his demon telling him those three words.

M/n missed him, his bright yellow hair. Who in the world has a color of hair as bright as the sun? His demon does. Or green eyes that shine like emeralds. Like a grassy field. With the grass so high that you could get lost in it. M/n always gets lost in it.

He was sad about having to leave his home.

But was his home really there? And not somewhere near a certain blondie who caught his heart in one go?

----

The moment he saw him again, he stopped breathing and his heart began to beat faster. Although it wasn't very visible from the outside, he was happy, very happy to see him again.

The other felt almost the same way. The blond's eyes were wide, not expecting him so soon. When Elizabeth told him she's gonna reincarnate to the mage next he didn't think it would be so quick. He wasn't prepared. The heart which started to beat faster suddenly began to hurt.

I thought he was ready. Ready to face him after everything that happened. His unsuccessful confession, the unless hope they had, the feelings he felt for him, so strong, so deep. Melony opened his eyes showing him how much he actually loved the mage.

But it didn't matter how much love there was in his heart, he didn't want to hurt him in any way. But still, he did. The greed he felt upon hoping about being with him forever after defeating the Demon King made him blind. Utterly blind

He shouldn't have let the mage come.

He shouldn't have put him in danger.

He didn't want to put him in any more danger. He knows that if they stay together the danger is only going to increase. And he's not willing to risk it. Meliodas was thrilled upon hearing that he was alive from Elizabeth. But now. After seeing him. Made him realize.

He didn't deserve him

He didn't deserve M/n

And that's why he's willing to give up everything they had.

M/n blinked at the unmoving male. 'Your Majesty..' he muttered taking a step closer. Meliodas looks down, staying completely still. 'Elizabeth told me what happened' he says giving the blond a comforting smile. Meliodas clenched his jaw shut.

Knowing him, Meliodas was probably beating himself up about it. M/n sighs when seeing tears gather in the demon's eyes. 'It's okay, really'  M/n steps closer to the demon 'Hey, it's okay.' he says reaching out to wipe the demon's tears away, lovingly stroking his cheek. 'It's not your fault'