08 - I missed you

Leah's POV

I came back after 5 long days.
When I rang and Jennifer opened the door, I stormed right into her arms.
„I missed you!", I said squeezing her.
„I missed you too.", she said chuckling and added „I can't breathe, baby."
„Oh, sorry.", I let go of her.

I told her everything about my recent work and she listened. Then we decided to go a little shopping.

„Ben was here again.", she told me, while looking at some clothes.
„He was? Tell me everything."
„We almost kissed..", she said quietly.
„What? Almost? Why almost?", I was curious.
„Because I stopped him. I think I just need to get over Alex and feel good about myself first, you know?"
„I see. Is this... do you have feelings for him?", I asked.

„I think so, yeah.", she said and smiled.
I know that smile, she definitely has feelings for him. My heart dropped a little and I wasn't expecting that at all. I thought I'd be happy for her. And I genuinely was. But at the same time I was somehow scared of losing her to him.

„Wow.", I answered. „Bennifer 2.0"
„Oh stop it!", she smacked my arm and we laughed.

We went back to her house and ended up having sex.

Jennifer's POV

Spending time with Leah is always great. And sometimes, or.. most of the time, we end up having sex.

That's what our friendship was pretty much like now. We were the same as ever, well - a little closer - and we fucked occasionally. It was great, it was easy and light and fun.

I felt better as the days passed by. I felt good and more whole. So I thought I could meet up with Ben and just see how it went.
Since the second time he was here we haven't seen each other, but we texted here and there.

This time, I went to visit him. We didn't wanted to date in public, because of the paparazzi and the media circus it would've started. We wanted this time for us.
He invited me over to dinner.
I wore a raspberry colored medi-dress, which was held by straps on my neck. It showed cleavage and had a small cut-out right under it. I paired it with nude plateau-heels. For jewelery I picked my „Jennifer" necklace, small golden hoops and some rings. My hair was tied in a mid-high messy pony tail.

He opened the door and gazed at me.
„Wow!", he expressed.
„Hi.", I smiled and went inside as he cleared the door.
„You look really beautiful.", he said. I turned around and he kissed me on my cheek.
„Thank you, Ben.", I smiled.
„It's a beautiful house, I like it.", I complimented his house and decorations.
„Thank you. It could use a little more warmth, though."
He always used to say that I make a home more of a home, because I know how to make it feel warm and welcoming.
„Mh.", I answered and pressed my lips together.

He made baked potatoes, salad and chicken fillet. Ben had never been the greatest cook, but I really appreciated the effort, and it tasted fine.
„What do you think?", he asked as we're in his dining room, eating.
„Good, it's really good.", I guess I wasn't too convincing.
„You're lying.", he frowned.
„Noo. It's fine, really!", I tried my best.
„Be honest!", he demanded.
„Okay, okay! It's good baby, but I've had better.", I bit my lip with a ‚sorry'-look on my face.

„That's it, no dessert for you!", he joked.
„Maybe for the best.", I teased him.
He opened his mouth to say something, but threw his napkin at me instead.
I laughed.
„I was just joking come on.", I pouted.
„Well actually..."
„Yeah?"
„There's no dessert.. I kinda burned it."
I burst into laughter and he did too.

After dinner we sat outside on a hollywood swing on his patio and watched the night sky. He lit some torches around us and it looked really pretty and romantic.