21 - It's Okay

Ben's POV

Jennifer and I were living together for 2
months now and we were very happy.

Although sometimes, I noticed a sad look on her face and those looks appeared more often, as time passed.

„Baby?", I once asked her as she had one of those moments. „Are you okay?"
She was sitting at the kitchen island, drinking tea. It seemed like I had ripped her out of her thoughts.
„Mh?"
„You seem sad.", I walked over to her and gave her shoulders a firm massage.
„Yeah, sure, I'm fine.", she answered, but there was something in her voice that seemed off.

„Really? You seem troubled these days..", I kissed her neck.
She put her hands on mine.
„I'm good.", she said in a high voice and got off her chair.
She turned around and pecked my lips.
„I'm gonna go work out.", she said and walked away.

Jennifer's POV

I lied and I lied and I lied. I was troubled, because I missed my best friend. I missed just hanging with her. But I couldn't possibly tell him. And at the same time, I was the happiest I've ever been, because we were so incredibly happy and in love.

Those mixed feelings were hard to handle and very confusing.

I worked out to get my mind straight. Leah and I hadn't heard from each other since the incident, which was about 2 months ago. I know Ben didn't forbid us having contact, but I just figured it would be best that way, at least for a while. Was it time to call her? Text her? I know I wanted to. But I didn't know if it was good.

Ben knocked and came inside.
I was done and sweaty.
He hugged me from behind and we looked at ourselfs in the mirror.
„I'm all sweaty baby.", I said and smiled at his reflection.
„I don't mind.", he said. „It's sexy."
He kissed my neck and ran his hand over my sweaty abs.

„Baby, I know what's going on.", he said. „You miss her."
Sometimes it was as if he could read my mind.
„Why don't you call her?", he continued.
„I don't want you to worry. I don't know if enough time has passed.", I explained.

He spun me around and held me by my hips, while I wrapped my arms around his.
„What makes me worried is seeing you unhappy.", he said and kissed me.
„You are amazing, do you know that?", I asked him.
He shrugged his shoulders. „I am because of you." 

I showered and then called Leah. My heart was racing as I held the phone to my ear.
„Jennifer.", she said picking up.
„Hey baby. How are you?", I said and my voice was shaking.
„Okay.", she said. „You?"
„I miss you. And I'd love to see you, if you're up for that."
„Yes!", she immediately said and asked: „Dinner tomorrow?"
„I can't."
„Oh."
„But the day after tomorrow?"
„Sure! Asian food?", she asked.
„Perfect."
„I'll make reservations and see you there at 7?"
„Great."
„Great."
„See you then."

We hung up and I walked downstairs to get work done.
Later when Ben and I had dinner, he asked how it went.
„We're going to have dinner in 2 days... if that's alright with you.", I said.

Ben's POV

I was surprisingly alright with it. In fact I was happy that they met, which was weird, but I just hoped that it would make Jennifer happier again.

„More than.", I truthfully said.

She smiled lightly and I could already see that she was getting better.

Leah's POV

I was so excited to see Jennifer again. It has been way too long. I got there a little early and waited at our table.

For my outfit I decided to go for black culottes with a creme-colored sweater, which I tuck into my culottes at the front. I paired that with black heels and had my hair open and wavy.
My eyes were smokey and my lips red.

Jen came in, and she went for boyfriend jeans and a black tight turtleneck sweater, paired with black louboutains. Her hair was in a high sleek bun, she wore hoops and some other jewelery. Her eyes were smokey-brown and her lips a darker nude.
She looked flawless, as always.

I got up and we hugged tight.
„Hi.", I said.
„Hey.", she replied.
We were both a little emotional so I said „You look flawless, it's annoying, really."
She laughed and used her finger to dab under her eye, probably to wipe a little tear away, as we sat down.

„How have you been?", I asked.
„Good. Ben moved in."
„Oh I know.", I said funnily, referring to the incident.
„Right.", she said.
„And he's totally fine with us meeting?", I asked.

„Do you want to order?", a waiter asked.
We placed our orders and continued.

„He is. It was his suggestion, even. I think he saw how much I missed you."
„Aw, babe..", I said, grabbed her hand on the table and squeezed it.
She smiled, stared at our hands, then pulled away to scratch herself on her neck.

Our water came and we each took a sip.

„I missed you too.", I said and smiled at her.
„Really bad. And I'm not referring only to.. you know."
She chuckled.
„Of course you're not.", she said funnily, as if she didn't believe me.
„Honestly! I missed just hanging with you."
She smiled her sweet, mesmerizing smile.

Our food came and we ate, while having lighter conversations about work and family.

We finished and left the restaurant. Outside a bunch of paparazzi and fans had lined up. The usual.
Jennifer politely took some photos and waved at people. We were about to say goodbye so she could leave in her car and I in mine.
I just dissolved from our hug, when there was some wrangling amongst the paparazzi in the crowd, everybody was trying to get a good shot of us. One of them decided to come closer and tripped, dragging Jennifer with him. I couldn't hold her and she fell on her knees.

„Watch your step you fucking moron!", I yelled.
I helped Jennifer up and she immediately asked the paparazzo if he's fine. That's how different we are at times.

I helped her get into her car where we rolled up her jeans to see if her knee was alright. I was kneeling in front of her to see better. She was only bleeding a little and I got a tissue out of my purse to dap the blood away, while my other hand was resting on her leg, right under her knee. She clenched her teeth and inhaled sharply through them.

I started feeling some kind of way, touching her bare skin like that.
I cleared my throat. „Here, hold that on your knee until it stops bleeding.", I told her.
She put her hand over mine and I slowly pulled my hand out under hers.
„Thank you.", she smiled.
I smiled back and looked on the ground.
„I better get going.", I said.
„We're already driving Leah."
„Oh."

I haven't noticed, but I suppose her driver wanted to get out before they could snap some pictures through the windows.
I sat on a seat. „My car..", I said.
„I'll have it delivered to you later.", Jen replied.
We sat next to each other and I was happy that music was on, because if not she could've probably hear my heart beating violently against my chest.

We didn't really speak until we arrived at my house.
„Thank you.", I smiled.
„We have to meet again soon.", she smiled back and pulled me into a hug.
One of her hands was holding onto my neck while the other one was on my middle back.
She crawled her fingers into my neck. It was nothing unusual she does, but it gave me shivers.

„Okay. Bye.", she said and let go of me.