Normal Teens, And Powered Teens

Dylan's POV

We all walked into our classroom. Luckily, Lenny, Declan, Lee, and I all had the same classes together so we got to hangout everyday.

But... I really did miss Braeden. Out of our friend group, I was closest with him. I'm praying he develops his Hyper Crystal on his birthday this Friday. If not...

"Mornin' students!" Our teacher, Mrs. April, walked into the classroom.

"Good morning Mrs. April." Lenny said, perking up when she entered the room.

Mrs. April was nice and really pretty. She had a cool power that she called Protosynthesis. She could make plants grow within seconds to their peak.

Since her power wasn't very aggressive, her class was scientific studies. This class wasn't boring but it wasn't fun either, it has it's moments. My favorite class was Mr. Hart's class.

My friends and I are in the department of heroes at our school, and Mr. Hart is the teacher there. His power is really something. He calls it Dual Impact. After striking a spot, if he claps his hands, a second impact will happen, except it'll be 3 times stronger than the first hit.

Mr. Hart is actually apart of the Hero Force too, but there's not a lot of crime, so he works as a teacher as well. During our last class, he promised us that we'd have a special visitor today, which I'm really excited for.

"Settle guys jeez." Mrs. April said as the class started quieting down. "We've got a new student today."

"Really?" Declan asked.

"Who is he?" Lee asked.

"Not he." Mrs. April said, as there was a knock on the door just in time. "Oh! There she is!"

"She?" Lenny said as he looked at us.

Mrs. April went to go open the door, and in walked the new girl. She had dark hair that went to her shoulders, and a set of bright red eyes. She was cute, but looked kind of... mysterious I guess.

"Go ahead, introduce yourself." Mrs. April smiled.

The girl looked at us, but didn't smile.

"Um my name is Valéntina Marley but you can just call me Valé." She said, not looking at us students.

"And what's your power?" Mrs. April said.

"I... can heal." She said.

"I don't buy it." A familiar voice spoke as everyone in the room looked over at who was speaking.

It was Kyro. Kyro was the most powerful student in school, and that's including the upperclassman, even though he's a freshman like us. His power was... just too strong. He calls it Starnova. He can launch blasts of energy from his hands, as well as throw powered up punches that all hit with the force of an exploding star.

Kyro wasn't a mean guy. He means well most of the time, but he's got a big ego.

"Why else would she be here if she didn't have a power Kyro?" I asked.

"I'm not saying that she doesn't have a power." Kyro said. "But powers and Hyper Crystals have been around for decades, and there's never been a healing power. We're supposed to believe this random girl can heal?"

"I mean that's a good point." Lenny started. "Can't argue with that."

Valé didn't really seem amused though.

"I can show you if you want." She said. "You just have to get hurt."

"I can hurt someone else." Kyro said with a smile.