We're Still Only Teenagers

Braeden's POV

My friends and I stood outside of the therapy school that Devin was at. I was... nervous. The last tine I saw Devin was...

"Braeden?" Declan started. "Are you alright?"

"I... I haven't seen her in a long time." I quietly said.

"Everything's going to be alright." Dylan smiled. "We're all going in together."

"Yup." Lenny nodded. "Let's go."

Finally, we walked into the school together, and a receptionist immediately greeted us.

"Welcome!" She smiled. "How may I help you today?"

"Hi." Dylan spoke. "We're here to see Devin Kivior?"

"5th door on left." She smiled.

"Thank you." Dylan smiled back as we walked in the direction she pointed towards.

Finally, we stood outside Devin's room door. We were all quiet. What's her reaction going to be? I wonder if she missed me...

Dylan then knocked. We waited for a moment, then heard light footsteps as the door unlocked and opened up. There was... a guy we didn't know.

"Who are you guys?" He asked.

"U-Uh we're here to see Devin." Lenny said.

He looked harder at the four of us.

"You've all got Hyper Crystals..." He said with frustration, then he began walking towards Dylan, and got right in his face. "Why are you here?"

"Back up." Dylan said.

"Woah! Arron!" My heart smashed into my chest when I heard Devin's voice, and saw her run out of her room door, and grab the boy's arm to pull him back. "It's okay! These are my friends!"

Declan's eyes widened with joy.

"Devin!" He smiled.

"We all missed you!" Lenny said.

"These are your friends?" The guy named Arron asked. "But they're-"

"It's fine. I promise." Devin said to him.

He sighed as he stepped out of the room.

"Alright... I'll see you later then Dev." He said.

"Bye, I'll see you tonight." Devin waved to him as he walked away.

Dev? Who the hell is that guy?

Devin then threw herself onto Dylan, Lenny, and Declan.

"I missed you guys!" She smiled.

"We missed you too!"

"We're glad you're not hurt." Lenny and Dylan said.

I was forced to watch the whole thing. It was like... she purposely excluded me.

"D-Devin...?" I nervously said.

She turned her attention towards me, and the instant she did, I could feel the aura of her hatred pulsing off of her body, and the pure malice in her eyes.

Then she looked back at the other three.

"Hey guys? Could I talk to Braeden alone for a minute? Please?" She asked.

"Oh yeah of course." Said Lenny.

"We'll wait here." Dylan nodded.

"Thanks." Devin smiled at them then she motioned for me to come into her room. I followed her in, and she closed the door.