Devin Kivior and Lee Jooahn

Braeden's POV

I threw a flurry of punches at the punching bags in the weight room. Lightning pulsed around my body as I threw 100 punches in 5 seconds.

It can't be true...

20 punches in 1 second.

Devin wouldn't do this...

40 punches in 2 seconds.

And Kyro...

60 punches in 3 seconds.

I need to see Devin for myself...

80 punches in 4 seconds.

I HAVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER FOR MYSELF!

99 punches in 5 seconds, and on the 100th punch, I smashed the punching bag clean off the chain.

I refuse to believe this... I can't. I won't. Devin's not a villain, and she doesn't have Kyro's Hyper Crystal.

My phone then began to ring. It was Spex calling. I hesitated, but still answered.

"Braeden?" Spex said.

"Yes Spex." I replied.

"How are you? Are you alright?" He asked.

Tears formed in my eyes.

"It's true isn't it..." I said.

I didn't want to accept it but... deep down I think I knew that everyone was telling the truth. Yet even still... these feelings I have for Devin...

"I'm sorry Braeden..." Spex said. "You shouldn't have to be the one to stop her, it should've been me. I'm sorry I can't help."

"It's not your fault." I said as I wiped away my tears.

"Listen." Spex said. "You've grown even stronger, and I know this is very difficult situation for you. But if you use your power in anger, your Hyper Crystal will react to that feeling. What's important, is keeping tabs on your heart. Do you think you can do that?"

"I-I'll try..." I said.

"And please... stay safe. We'll put a stop to this soon kid." Spex kindly said. "I believe in you."

Our phone call ended there. My heart still ached over Devin... and even though I know it's true... I just have so many doubts.

My phone then buzzed with a text message.

Valé: Hii! Will you bring me ice cream? I'm so sick of hospital food😭

A smile was forced out of me when Valé said that. Maybe I can talk to her about this whole thing and she can help me.

Lee's POV

"D-Devin...?" I said with shock.

"Lee." She smiled. "Hi."

She seemed... a lot happier than when I saw her last time, and she wore a cute bonnet over her head.

But... I'm not seeing a Hyper Level. If she stole Kyro's Hyper Crystal, I'd have seen a Hyper Level floating above her head but... there's nothing there.

"I-I didn't know you were released from the therapy school." I said.

"Yeah, I got out not too long ago." She said. "Do you... wanna go get something to eat?"

Wait. What? Does she not remember the last words she said to me?

"Devin... you said you never wanted to see me again." I spoke.

"Oh yeah..." Devin sweat dropped. "I was um, very very emotional back then, but the therapy school really really helped me. I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you Lee. I'm really sorry."